HRM FT4 Vs FT7

Options
I am getting a HRM for xmas and I have narrowed it down to either the Polar FT4 (cheaper) or FT7. Who has which one and what functions of it do you use and what do you like most about each one. What makes the FT7 better? Extra functions? Do you wear it only when excersizing or all the time? I would like to wear it all the time, I want to make sure when I am excersizing I keep my hr up to maximize fat burning. And also get a better idea of calories burned. I wish one of these had a pedometer included but not so I guess I will get one to use in tandem with the HRM

Replies

• mlh29
    mlh29 Posts: 40
    Options
    i am kind of anal when it comes to research before I spend money. I recently was in the market for a new hrm. I narrowed it down to the ft7 or ft60 polar.

If price is a concern go with the ft 7

I would suggest watching ebay.. I got my ft 60 brand new from a power seller for 97 shipped.
    I have watched the ft7 sell for between 52 -65 shipped. Amazon has them for about 75 ish.
    All the reviews I read pointed me towards the ft7 at a minimum. It gets better reviews, and people seem to like it more.
    Being in OEF I am still awaiting my new ft60..
    I am going to buy an ft7 in the near future for my wife.. Good luck
  • nicolemarie045
    nicolemarie045 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 and it does the basics of what i needed, logs my workout times, heart rate zones, and calories burned. Neither of thoes Polar models are made to be worn all day and won't give you accurate numbers unless you are exercising. If you want an all day one, you would have to get something like a Body Bugg that is meant for that purpose.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i also have the FT4 and it has all the functions that i need.