Almost goal,Tummy Tuck in Jan...Success but scared :( *Pics*

Options

Replies

• suzancarroll
    Options
    I think you should do it. I feel that if you are comfortable with your body after surgery, you are more likely to keep the weight off. That is just a personal opinion, I didn't have it done after I lost weight before and now her I am again trying to loose it. I know that alot of people may disagree with me, but do what makes you comfortable with you. :smile:
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I would do 3 things :
    1. try something, some exercise, that concentrates on abs or something like the 30 Day Shred first. You need to strengthen your core and a program like that will help;
    2.Get a second and third opinion, see pictures of their work, look on a place like Angie's list online for honest opinions on the dr's. There is a fee associated with joining Angie's list but you will get honest opinions from patients since dr's can not post there; and 3. Do what makes you happy. Honestly do what you want to do, what will make you most comfortable with your own body. After you have children if you want to do it again do it then.

I only say strengthen your core because I have had abdominal surgery twice, not tummy tucks though and recovery is really difficult. Without a strong core to carry you through it makes the recovery harder. My surgical marks are not as big as yours will be with a tummy tuck. Good luck.
  • onewarmmomma
    onewarmmomma Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Before you get down on yourself, and feel like surgery is the only option...check out this blog

http://www.xojane.com/fun/gallery/bellies-part-2
  • Cruz2Fit
    Cruz2Fit Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've had a tummy tuck and even though my belly button does look weird, I am SO glad I did it. I have a perfectly flat and tight tummy... THAT SAID, I ALREADY HAVE THE TWO KIDS I INTENDED TO HAVE. Knowing the cost financially and to my body, I would never want to go through it and layer ruin it with pregnancy. I understand your desire to have that flat tummy now, but in my humble opinion, I think you should wait. I'm not too sure of how successful a 2nd tummy tuck might be. Also, your tummy ends up so super tight I'm positive the stretching of pregnancy will be painful. I can tell you more about my experience, if you'd like.
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Wow this is tough. I can certainly see both sides. If you are ok with having to have a second tuck done after you have children if you don't like the way your stomach looks after pregnancy, I'd say go for it. If it's not going to hurt a pregnancy to have the tuck done before, it should be ok. I don't see why you should be miserable for the next decade. I had my one child and I'm done. So if I need one after this weight loss is over, I'm having it for sure. Trust your gut (no pun intended, lol)-it's probably right :)

If you have it done, let us know how you are doing.
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    From your replies, it sounds like you already did your research, and already made your decision! best of luck to you!! I know how you feel with your belly. I have the same one, only I've had kids, so it is something that I have been able to accept as a part of me.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    If My belly looked like that I wouldn't go for a tummy tuck especially where you haven't had children and want in the semi near future..do it after the kids.
    I on the other hand have lost 189lbs, and want to drop another 40..lol I wouldn't put my belly on line but anyone who would see it would agree plastics are NEEDED. I've broken up with a guy because he hated my belly and wouldn't touch me. Its also a health risk for me. I just have no idea how to pay for it haha...but kids or no I'm going to have mine I'd be super happy if mine only looked like yours.
    BUT its all relative, your feelings about your body are your own.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    first off, you are an inspiration! my starting weight was 193.6 and my goal is 125-130 :) I have one child and my belly (though still VERY flabby now and needs alot of work and toning and losing) looks like yours times 10. I have also wondered if i should some day get a tummy tuck. Most likely i wont because of cost and such, but i know it will not ever be super flat. Good luck, and great work!
  • schmenly
    schmenly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am 26 with 3 kids and lost a lot of weight, too, and I have sme serious stretch marks.

I've kept it off for 2 years now, losing the majority of my weight on a 6 month period of time.

I can say with all honesty that I have less loose skin now than I did then. The $5000 wasn't worth it to me, and I'm pretty glad I skipped the surgery.

Also if you're genetically prone to stretch marks, you'll get them with pregnancy. They will likely be worse if you get the surgery right now.

Totally agree with the Genetically prone to streach marks statement. I have two kids and gained 25 with the 1st and 10 with the second and got a ton of them...while friends that gained 50 didn't get any...I have a tummy like yours and would love to have the surgery but if you plan on having kids I would wait...

This is going to sound weird but try using Preperation H (hemroid cream) on your stomach at night, it will tighten it up. It is only a temp fix but I do it for a few weeks before I go on vacation or during the summer and it helps with being in a suit... Just an idea...
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    You know the costs and you have done your homework- you are prepared to have a revision after kids. Go for it. Now my comment on waiting till after surgery is this- I have huge breasts- i have done since puberty- even when I was at my ideal weight. At a few rare times this has seemed like a good thing- but mostly it has seemed like a bad thing- it actually stopped me from being as active as I was growing up and i could go on and on. I thought about a breast reduction in my mid 20s when i met someone who had had one, but i thought i would wait till after kids. Now i am in my mid 30s, i still have no kids and i have carted the things around an extra 10 years. So I am thinking about cutting my loses and doing it now even b4 kids. There is another angle for you- perhaps an encouragement to you. But one last thing, just by the way- You look good anyway.

From what I have read breast surgery presents itself as a medical concern. It is covered by insurance.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I would say go for it, realizing that the results will not look like someone who has never had surgery. There will be scars. Have you ever had surgery? Do you know how you scar? Have you seen any before/after photos of actual surgeries this physician has done? Good luck, and post your after photos!
  • Pwnpickles
    Options
    Not sure if anyone has suggested this or not yet, but I have seen a few really nice tattoos that have covered TT scars beautifully! If I ever get to the point that I feel I need a TT and I end up with a scar that is jagged ect, that is what I am going to do :P
  • yannasmommy145
    yannasmommy145 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    IVE READ THAT U LOST THE WEIGHT PRETTY QUICKLY...DID U TONE AND EXERCISE AS U WERE LOSING WEIGHT...TO ME IT SEEMS LIKE U MAY JUST NEED TO DO SOME TONING INSTEAD OF GOING UNDER THE KNIFE. WHY DONT U TRYING VIDEOS LIKE 30 DAY SHRED RIPPED IN 30 OR P90 X OR INSSANITY TO HELP U TONE UP..IVE HEARD THOSE WORK GREAT...I HAD A CSECTION A YR AGO AND I CAN UDERSTAND HOW U FEEL ...I HAVE THE POUCH TO PROVE IT : ) BUT IVE BEEN DOING 30 DAY SHRED ALONG WITH P90X AND IVE NOTICED THE MY POUCH IS NOT AS BIG ANYMORE. I CAN SEE THE TIGHTENING IN CERTAIN AREAS AND I LOVE IT, MAYBE U SHOULD TRY THAT...HOPE I HELPED JUST A LIL...AND DO WHAT U WANNA DO NOT WHAT ANYONE ELSE ADVISES U ..UNLESS ITS A DR
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    I have three children and after having my oldest two 9 1/2 months together I never thought that I would have a flat tummy. I have stretch marks to, however a year after I had lost the weight and kept working on toning it was so much better. I say give it time if you are wanting to have children, then post babies get the surgery. My girlfriend got her breast done and then had a child and she said she wished she would have waited. She is now going to have it done again after she has one more child.

Just something to think about. Believe me I know that you need to be happy with your body, I struggled with mine before. Im back at losing pregnancy weight again after having my third daughter 10 weeks ago. Children are so worth it though. Good Luck Sweets!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Eh - I say do it!
    I wasnt overweight before I had a kid. If you don't go overboard on the pregnancy weight your stomach may be a little poochy like mine but not bad at all. Honestly Im not trying to be hurtful but mine is much smaller than yours is now. Just saying pregnancy is not always catastophic! So I wouldn't want to spend 5-8 years of my young life waiting in a body I feel uncomfortable with.
    If you 'waste' money on the surgery because you have kids later - oh well. Its just money. Happiness is priceless.

People told me to wait until I had kids to do a little lipo on my inner thighs. I did gain weight and now that I have lost most of it I look just like I did after surgery. Im happy I made my own choice. And I have the last 10 years worth of sexy pictures in short skirts to show for it!
    Good luck and congrats on your weight loss.
  • LylaFaii
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss! You look awesome! :) Good luck with your surgery x
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Not judging, just giving a lil advice...I would say wait until after you have kids. I'm not exactly sure how they go about doing a tummy tuck, but I would be scared to let my skin stretch out that much while pregnant, knowing I had the procedure done. But in the end it's your body and your happiness. ;)

I'm in agreement with those who say wait -- you look great, your skin will take some time, and if you are planning kids....
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options

This is going to sound weird but try using Preperation H (hemroid cream) on your stomach at night, it will tighten it up. It is only a temp fix but I do it for a few weeks before I go on vacation or during the summer and it helps with being in a suit... Just an idea...

Thanks for the tip! My upper inner arms are wrinkled from losing weight and no stretch marks there! Working on toning up over time with weights.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I say if you can afford the surgery go with it. I've thought about it, and wonder if when the times comes if I'll want to do a surgery like that. The thing that puts me off most is the scar. I guess its all downhill in my head, but I look at it like this...I want a body of a model, all pretty, skinny with a flat stomach.....but my choices (er consequences for letting myself get so big), will probably be a bit of saggy skin or a big scar across my panty line (or however it turns)....so either way I don't know if I would be happy with the results because its not giving me the "ideal" image in my head....

Sorry for the long explanation, I only throw it out there as something to think about in case your the same way. But being as young as you are, and wanting to go out and meet people, and feel confident etc, I think surgery is definitely an option. You should get a 2nd opinion though just because its always good to have 2, at least then you can make sure everything is explained to you from every angle. :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone has suggested this or not yet, but I have seen a few really nice tattoos that have covered TT scars beautifully! If I ever get to the point that I feel I need a TT and I end up with a scar that is jagged ect, that is what I am going to do :P

This sounds like a pretty good idea...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!