Mushroom cheessteak sandwich

Options
I found a recipe to stirfry mushrooms, bell peppers, onions and garlic together. Melt fat free provolone chesse and place on a whole wheat bun. I want to make it for dinner, but what can I use to stirfry the veggies instead of oil? Any suggestions??
Thanks

Replies

• zippitydo
    zippitydo Posts: 62
    Options
    I found a recipe to stirfry mushrooms, bell peppers, onions and garlic together. Melt fat free provolone chesse and place on a whole wheat bun. I want to make it for dinner, but what can I use to stirfry the veggies instead of oil? Any suggestions??
    Thanks
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I've made the recipe, and its excellent. Use olive oil, the fats it contains are good for you.
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    i just use olive oil cooking spray
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I've made the recipe, and its excellent. Use olive oil, the fats it contains are good for you.

i agree.. olive oil would probably be your best choice!
  • loren
    loren Posts: 111
    Options
    yum!!! I want to try this too!
  • loren
    loren Posts: 111
    Options
    anyone have side ideas?
  • amahlman
    amahlman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i agree olive oilis the best choice
  • lizbeth787
    lizbeth787 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    anyone have side ideas?

when i made these, i baked a big old cookie sheet full of asparagus.. yummy!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    When I made them I *think* I made sweet potato fries, but I could be wrong. It was a few weeks and a lot of cooking since then :laugh:
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    mmm sounds good
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Um. This sounds freakin' awesome. Hahaha. As a fan of cheese and mushrooms, yeah. Goooonna have to look into this.
  • campfirequeen
    Options
    Zippity-

Onions actually get a little watery when they are fried. I would put the garlic & onions
    in first and fry them a little and then add the shrooms & peppers. You might not even
    need to add any oil if you don't want to:happy: