What's your total Cholesterol?

Options
As of 10/31/11 mine is 175. I'll have an update the first week of January.

6921816.png

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    HDL:105
    LDL:110
    Trigs: 39
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    No idea. I've never had it checked. Is that bad? I don't know anyone under the age of 60 who has had their cholesterol measured.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    No idea. I've never had it checked. Is that bad? I don't know anyone under the age of 60 who has had their cholesterol measured.
    My doctor does it for everyone. Maybe yours does too, and hasn't mentioned it since it isn't a problem.
  • fteale
    Options
    My doctor does it for everyone. Maybe yours does too, and hasn't mentioned it since it isn't a problem.

I am in the UK. It's not something I have ever heard a GP offer to do.
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Total: 113
    HDL: 41
    LDL: 59
    TRI: 73
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

As I said, my doctor doesn't offer, it's just part of the routine. Haven't you ever had blood drawn for routine tests?
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Last reading was about six months ago at 255.

My blood work from November 17th came back with 175!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All with dietary changes and eliminations! I had more phone calls from excited doctors than Carter has Liver-pills! LOL!
  • neanderthin
    Options
    Keep in mind that total cholesterol is pretty much a red herring. It's more about the ratio's, sub particle size of lipoproteins, oxidized cholesterol etc.
  • fteale
    Options

As I said, my doctor doesn't offer, it's just part of the routine. Haven't you ever had blood drawn for routine tests?

Nope. As far as I'm aware there aren't any routine tests. To get blood tests you have to have an appointment for the phlebotomy clinic at the hospital, and that's only for investigations.
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It was 255 back in August
    194 when checked in October.

Hopefully in 6 months I will have even better numbers since I've lost the weight since my last check up!!!

Everything else is in good ratios except for my HDL which my DR said will come up with exercise (its on the low side)....which I have yet to start! BLEH! Totally would rather starve to death than move LOL But I'll get there eventually!
  • neanderthin
    Options
    It was 255 back in August
    194 when checked in October.

Hopefully in 6 months I will have even better numbers since I've lost the weight since my last check up!!!

Everything else is in good ratios except for my HDL which my DR said will come up with exercise (its on the low side)....which I have yet to start! BLEH! Totally would rather starve to death than move LOL But I'll get there eventually!
    HDL goes up with exercise, I'm sure that's what you meant?
  • neanderthin
    Options
    You edited just before I hit quote....lol
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Mine was a little over 200 last check in May. However my LDL and Trig. were excellent and HDL really high. Dr. said I could nothing better but have different parents. LOL.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    HDL 110
    LDL 55
    TG 41
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Give blood. Most places send you a report or you can check their website. I get a free cholesterol check every 8 weeks from giving blood. And I may save up to 3 lives each time :)
  • rsalexander
    Options
    7/27/11: Total Cholesterol - 276, HDL - 52, LDL - 167, Triglycerides - 283 Risk Ratio 5.31 :explode:
    11/7/11: Total Cholesterol - 174, HDL - 59, LDL - 97, Triglycerides - 92 Risk Ratio 2.9 :happy:

Proof that healthy changes make a huge impact on your health! I also started drinking Shakeology by Beachbody on 10/1/11, we're wondering how much affect that had on the numbers...another blood workup in 6 months.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

That's crazy! I know a lot of people under 60 who are on meds for high cholesterol. Some are only in their 30's.

I forget, but I think mine was 178 the last time it was checked. It was in the healthy range somewhere.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Cholesterol History

Date Cholesterol
    02/18/2010 157
    06/24/2010 156
    10/28/2010 168
    02/17/2011 174
    06/16/2011 147
    10/27/2011 158

These are from the United blood services where I give blood.

They also give me this data
    Wellness Summary
    Cholesterol
    View your cholesterol history.
    Blood Pressure
    View your blood pressure history.
    Pulse
    View your pulse rate history.
    Pulse Regularity
    Was your pulse regular during your last visit?
    Hemoglobin
    View your hemoglobin history.
    Temperature
    View your temperature history.
    Body Mass Index
    View your Body Mass Index history.
    Height
    View your height as reported to us on your donation dates.
    Weight
    View your weight as reported to us on your donation dates.

My first attempt at posting pics, did not work can, html links be added here?
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Bad is 71
    Healthy is 69
    Dropped from Bad 113
    Upped Healthy 59
    Exercise and weight loss have helped :)
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Total Cholesterol: 136