Options
And how awesome it is!

My current Aldi favorites:

1. Simms Turkey snack stix
2. Deutsche Kuche rye bread
3. Grandessa garlic lover's hummus
4. Chef's cupboard beef stock
5. Clancy's pita chips

and pretty much most of their usual line of products. Also, they have awesome seasonal stuff out right now for Christmas.

I know there's a thread topic on this, but it's from several months ago and wanted to start a new one to discover all your favorites!

Replies

• ellumi
    ellumi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I just recently discovered ALDI and love it so much!! I'm saving a ton of loot on groceries and like their products.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I went there once and the produce was moldy. And they don't take credit cards.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I went there once and the produce was moldy. And they don't take credit cards.

One of the stores I used to shop at never had good produce. The one close to me now (luckily) has always had fresh stuff, though I usually don't buy much produce there because there's a farm market just down the road.

The CC issue does suck a bit. Gotta remember your debit card, reusable bags, and your quarter (for the cart) on an ALDI run.
  • BlueLikeJazz
    BlueLikeJazz Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I love ALDI (although, like everyone else I know, I call it "Aldi's" lol) and have never found their produce to be icky, as the poster above stated. Maybe it's because the one here is really popular so I bet they restock their produce frequently. The only reason I don't go there more often is because they inevitably don't have everything I need.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    I went when they first opened here. Maybe I should try again, it's been a year or two. But I never have cash. I guess I could dig out my debit card. Assuming I can remember the PIN.
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    If you were to look at my food diary, you would notice that the entire top of my Most Used list is all ALDI products! lol
    I LIVE there. I tend to shop at a "regular" grocery store for meats and certain dollar sales but, for the most part, I am a ALDI shopper.
  • mar120
    mar120 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love Aldi. For many years, that's where we do most of our grocery shopping. We save a lot of money and the produce and everything else is great!
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My sister loves it here too. The one near me never has good produce but I'll have to check it out again. I don't buy a lot of processed food and that seems to be big there.
  • jl622
    jl622 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I love aldi! one just opened in my town. i was shocked to find out i had to buy a bag, lol. (i do have reusable bags , but i didnt have one with me the day i went)
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Just got back............
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    What part of the world are you in that has ALdis? I'm in southern USA and never heard of it.
  • Barneystinson
    Options
    What part of the world are you in that has ALdis? I'm in southern USA and never heard of it.

Northeast US here.
  • Barneystinson
    Options
    I did get to go to one in Germany once. It was huge.
  • mipanarican
    mipanarican Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My hubby is a general manager at ALDI. I never used to shop there, but now I do & they do have some great prices on most things compared to other stores!! And his produce is spot on...lol Yay for ALDI's !!!
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options

Equivelent of Save-A-Lot which is more of a southern grocery
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    What part of the south are you in that doesn't have ALDI?
  • gary8964
    Options
    Did the majority of my shopping at ALDI when I lived in Germany. We do the majority of our shopping at ALDI now as well. With the produce, it can be hit and miss sometimes, but the values (compared to the other major retailers in my area) can't be beat.
  • Evermore1971
    Options
    I live in Augusta, Georgia and we don't have an ALDI store here. We do have Save-A-Lot though. I shop there occasionally. I buy seasoning, spices and baking supplies there, but truthfully, I haven't seen a huge savings on anything else. The produce is ok, but I can pay the same price at the Food Lion down the street and get produce that is fresher. I use a lot of frozen veggies and Food Lion or even Wal-Mart is cheaper. Same with canned goods. I rarely if ever buy meat there, I buy my meat from Bi-Lo or Wal-Mart because I can get lean cuts and the selection and prices are better.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    we have aldi here in florida, I love it, most of our food comes from there! the produce is a little iffy though.. sometimes its wonderful, and others its just eww
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    UGH!! I miss ALDI!!!! Where I used to live we had one, but now where I live the closest one is 5 hours away!! :huh: