I am unmotivated

Options
Last week I went to the gym a lot. I felt good and was ON it. Then I caught a nasty cold and can't seem to get my groove back. I lose a couple pounds and feel happy and comfortable with myself and then I slow down. I really want to get ON it and start losing some weight. It takes me FOREVER... Help!

Replies

• Christina1007
    Christina1007 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Don't stop thinking about YOUR GOAL! Remember what you want to achieve by this and what an amazing body you'll have by the time summer is back! Good luck!!!
  • SheRa1964
    Options
    Hmmmm Summer. That is a good thought. :)
  • fmeisele
    Options
    Mindset is the key in losing weight and gettting healthy. Losing weight is not a straight line down. In the short term there are lots of ups and downs. The key is making the long term a downward trend. To do that you have to be ok with the downs. They happen and will happen again. The only way to get past the downs is to just do what you know you're supposed to do anyway. Workout and eat right. Don't beat yourself up for the downs or the misses. Just keep going. Over the long term the weight will come off and you'll be healthier and happier. Don't let a bad mindset defeat you.
  • SheRa1964
    Options
    Thank you. *hugs* Gonna have a better day. :)
  • Christina1007
    Christina1007 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to mention. I often feel unmotivated and what I do is go and read the success stories from MFP. Well, it works for me!
  • IsleOfThanet
    Options
    Try putting on the same really tight pair of pants each morning, or a shirt that gapes and pulls when it is buttoned. As the pants get closer to fitting or the shirt gapes less ... you may remain motivated. This may be a simple thing but it's real .... sometimes the numbers on the scale are abstract.

When those clothes fit ... pick something new to get into.

Now, after losing just 8 pounds I can comforably button my favorite jacket (with my phone cliped to my belt.) ... next up is a paisly shirt each morning until it fits.
  • tish30930
    tish30930 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Mindset is the key in losing weight and gettting healthy. Losing weight is not a straight line down. In the short term there are lots of ups and downs. The key is making the long term a downward trend. To do that you have to be ok with the downs. They happen and will happen again. The only way to get past the downs is to just do what you know you're supposed to do anyway. Workout and eat right. Don't beat yourself up for the downs or the misses. Just keep going. Over the long term the weight will come off and you'll be healthier and happier. Don't let a bad mindset defeat you.
    You too look amazing!
  • tish30930
    tish30930 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Last week I went to the gym a lot. I felt good and was ON it. Then I caught a nasty cold and can't seem to get my groove back. I lose a couple pounds and feel happy and comfortable with myself and then I slow down. I really want to get ON it and start losing some weight. It takes me FOREVER... Help!

Motivation is hard, but I can't do it if you can't do it. I count on nearly everyone here to help me out. It's taken me 5 weeks to lose 6 pounds. It's so slow! (And this week I only lost the pound I had gained back last week! Uuugghhh!). I guess you have to keep on keeping on. Summer is a great motivator! I happen to be going away on vacation in the spring, so I want to go out and buy some new clothes for the trip. I haven't bought a new pair of jeans in 4 years because I don't feel like shopping in my current size. I really NEED some new jeans! LOL! Feel free to friend me if you like.