Abs 'n Flab

Options
Hi Everyone!

So, this morning, I was .2 pounds away from my goal weight.... I have focused mostly on the weight loss and cardio this whole time and now it's time to really concentrate on some (well A LOT) of toning in the ab area. My question is what type of ab workouts do you do? What do you find works the best?

Thanks in advance for suggestions! :happy:

Replies

• NerdyXX
    Options
    I, personally, LOVE bicycle crunches. They are hard but I feel that they totally work the whole abdomen (including the sides) as well as the very lowest abdominal muscles to help any little pooch that might be there.

Here's a link to what a bicycle crunch looks like:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqoD0Bdggto

I'm interested to see what other people do too!
  • crookstanya
    crookstanya Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i think it's called a "russian twist" ..?? you sit with both of your feet up and crossed about 6" off the floor, then with your hands together, you "twist" your body till your hand touches/taps the floor...each side-left and right, equals one. ....since your feet/legs are elevated..there's core/ab work, and twisting for obliques
  • leiathor
    Options
    The best shape my abs have ever been in came after doing 2-3 classes a week that involved the following:

Pick 4 ab exercises and do each one for 1 minute. (Intervals become really easy with a timer I have called the Gymboss, you can get it Gymboss.com for $20ish) Do 4 more rounds of those exercises. Pick 4 more and repeat. You could just do the first 8 rounds once a day and that would probably be pretty good too.

As far as my favorite, most hard hitting core exercises:

The pike with stability ball
    Oblique crunch with v-up (both halves of the body come up.) I couldn't find a pic or video of it and I'm not sure what it's actually called. It looks like an oblique crunch, but you come up like a v-up with legs bent into your chest.
    Stability ball exchange (this will burn) Make sure to keep a flat back even if you can bring your legs down very far.
    Russian twists
    Medicine ball (golf) standing twists.
    Plank (side and regular)