Sabatage the 1st day!

Options
Went out to lunch on my 1st day on this site and what a mistake!! I have to stay away from fast food because I can't pick healthy. Went to McDonald's and had fries and a McChicken sandwich. I had 3/4 of my calories in one meal. Any suggestions on a 200-250 calorie Dinner that's easy? From now on I need to plan every meal the day before because I make bad choices when I'm hungry.

Replies

• robynd
    robynd Posts: 35
    Options
    Went out to lunch on my 1st day on this site and what a mistake!! I have to stay away from fast food because I can't pick healthy. Went to McDonald's and had fries and a McChicken sandwich. I had 3/4 of my calories in one meal. Any suggestions on a 200-250 calorie Dinner that's easy? From now on I need to plan every meal the day before because I make bad choices when I'm hungry.
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    a salad. mmmm That is what I am eating right now and it is super yummy. I always used to think that salads were so boring and now I can't get enough of them. There are so many different ways to make them! :-D
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    Just burn a bunch then you can have a bigger dinner if you want.

200-250 a Salad with grilled chicken and water to drink no worries
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    and THAT is what this site is all about. Learning from your old habits so you are educated in your new ones.

How about a salad? Spinach, carrotts, tomatos, etc...little bit of oil & vinegar & you're good to go! Or, you could exercise & earn some cals back so you can actually EAT tonight! No point in starving!
  • fatstrat
    fatstrat Posts: 216
    Options
    Eat all you want until the end of the day and just do better tomorrow. :drinker:

JUST KIDDING!

A salad would be good. Mmmm. Salad... :tongue:
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    If it were me, I would go on a really long walk and burn some calories so I could eat a bigger dinner.
    Also, I know you weren't asking this, but I usually sit down first thing in the morning and enter everything I know I'm going to eat that day. I plan for snacks and treats and I usually know what I'm going to eat for dinner. That way I know where I have a little wiggle room. Hope this helps:flowerforyou:
  • WISHFULTHINKING
    WISHFULTHINKING Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    JUST GET VERY ACTIVE THIS EVENING AND BURN SOME CALORIES AND DRINK PLENTY OF WATER WHILE DOING IT THEN U CAN HAVE A NORMAL DINNER

CHICKEN SALAD SANDWHICH WITH A BAG OF CHIPS SOUNDS GOOD IF UR LOOKING FOR A 200-250 CALORIE DINNER OR PERHAPS A SALAD
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    It took me a little while in order to figure out just how much I can eat each day. I see you also asked about www.hungry-girl.com and I absolutely love the kung pao chicken 230 calories for a lot of good food. Look it up in the search box on that site. I am not much of just a salad person.

When you go out to eat, make sure you have an idea of what they serve and how many calories you want to "spend" on that meal. (Most) chains have nutritional information posted online. whenever I go to mcdonalds I get fruit and yogurt parfait 130-160cals depending on granola and a grilled snack wrap I think around 270 then I get bottle water or diet coke. 0 cals..... sometimes I will get something else, but it is always one small thing... a hamburger or small fry not both...

If I am hungry and don't have any calories left by the end of the night, I will either make 94% fat free popcorn.... or I will cut up a vegetable (peppers or cucumbers usually and eat that) along with lots of water. Good Luck again :)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    The first week or more on here, you learn a LOT about how many calories you've been eating previously. It's eye opening.

Go for a walk, or a jog if you can. Pick a meal, see how many calories you lack and go burn those off before dinner.

And now you know better about the calories in that McDonald's sandwich! Takes a LOT of exercise to burn those babies off! :wink:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions on a 200-250 calorie Dinner that's easy? From now on I need to plan every meal the day before because I make bad choices when I'm hungry.

Talk a nice walk, burn 100 calories, then you'll have a little extra for dinner.

Go for 2 cups of veggies, fill up half your plate with it. Then add a lean meat or some beans with a whole grain.

EDIT: oops, Lauryn beat me to it .. great minds think alike :).