Protein

Options
dimplzz
dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
I always find myself going over on protein. Can that ever be a bad thing?

Replies

• dimplzz
    Options
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    It won't be bad if you are working out a lot. You should try and watch portions.

Good Luck!
  • dimplzz
    Options
    I work out at least every other day. It is more like 2 days on 1 day off. Today I am already at -1 and I haven't put my dinner in yet. This is the breakdown.
    1 slice of toast 3
    2 eggs 14
    1 tbsp pb 4
    lettuce 2
    shredded cheese 6
    tomato 1
    croutons 2
    cottage cheese 19

Total of 51 so far.
  • fisher110
    fisher110 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I go over on proteins too, but I think the added protein keeps me full longer. As long as you feel healthy and stay within your calorie range, it shouldn't hurt too much going over on proteins as long as everything else is balanced. I have lost 20 pounds in three months and feel great! It has taken me a long time to get here, but it is well worth it! Good luck to you on your journey and stay healthy and happy!
  • LaLuz
    LaLuz Posts: 6
    Options
    I always go under.. help
  • dimplzz
    Options
    I always go under.. help

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Chicken and cottage cheese!
  • fisher110
    fisher110 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Maybe you could add some roasted almonds to your cereal (if you eat cereal) or an extra piece of chicken to your dinner. It doesn't take too much to meet the protect allowance. Just keep adjusting and calculating and you can meet the protein goal. Good luck, LaLuz!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options

It can start getting bad around 1g per pound of weight ... but that's really hard to do without trying!
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    I always go under.. help

Protein shakes?
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    As long as the fats are ok with the protein I wouldn't worry. Good protein is okay to go over with but not crazy tons of high fat stuff.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    MFP tends to go alittle low on protein.
    I'm pretty much ALWAYS over on my protein, (anywere from 10 to 28 or so) and I've still managed to lose most of the weight that I wanted to. It might have taken me alittle longer to lose, but, I've pretty much never been hungry, thanks to the protein! :smile:
  • moonchucks
    Options
    try optimum nutritions 100% whey protein... It keeps you full and helps burn fat.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

It can start getting bad around 1g per pound of weight ... but that's really hard to do without trying!

Actually, that's not harmful for anyone with normal kidney function. Studies have shown normal renal clearing at levels up to 2.8g/kg of body weight, which is 1.3g/lb of body weight. MFP sets up 15% calories from protein, and depending on your total caloric intake and bodyweight, the g/lb will differ. But 10-35% of total calories from protein is acceptable according to the American College of Sports Medicine.
  • hiddensecant
    Options

Actually, that's not harmful for anyone with normal kidney function. Studies have shown normal renal clearing at levels up to 2.8g/kg of body weight, which is 1.3g/lb of body weight. MFP sets up 15% calories from protein, and depending on your total caloric intake and bodyweight, the g/lb will differ. But 10-35% of total calories from protein is acceptable according to the American College of Sports Medicine.

Yum ... protein ..