My fears about losing weight

Options
I don't want to look old. That is the number one!!! Second is the loose flabby skin! At 50 will it tone up? I do not have a gym close by.

Need strength training ideas for home.

Replies

• Figuringoutme
    Options
    Ok are you willing to make that trade?

A few less wrinkles and less healthy or LITTLE wrinkles and being healthier and HAPPIER

It's up to you.

Skin will tighten up, wear shapewear
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not that far into my weight loss, so I can't really give you any tips about loose skin, etc.

But for the strength training at home I would suggest buying some hand weights, maybe a stability/pilates ball. These aren't too expensive if you shop around (got mine at Wal-Mart). Then google for exercises using those.

(not to pimp another site on MFP, but Sparkpeople.com has some excellent resources for exercises at home!)
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    Go to your profile read what your wrote
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to an iphone or an ipod touch? There are lots of different strength/circuit training applications out there for those products.
  • pamrok
    Options
    That's been a concern of mine too. I'm 50 and want to lose about 30 lbs. Two years ago I lost close to 50 and have gained back 15. Am back on track (thanks to MFP!) and have joined a gym. When I lost two years ago I had loose skin around my mid-section but I wasn't working out. I'm hoping the addition of regular exercise will help tone me up. Guess we'll see. I'm very committed to this!
  • tdoerr2
    Options
    Go to your profile read what your wrote

I did and thanks for the reminder. I want my health!! That settles it HEALTH it is!! :heart:
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I don't want to look old. That is the number one!!! Second is the loose flabby skin! At 50 will it tone up? I do not have a gym close by.

Need strength training ideas for home.

Age will get you regardless of what you do. Time waits for no person. Might as well be healthy as you can be while aging.

That and what you wrote in your profile.

Your body provides enough weight to do ST at home. Push-Ups, sit-ups, squats...etc. I don't mess with the DVD's but I think there might be DVD's that provide routines you can do. Check Youtube too.
  • morethanlilies
    Options
    I have some of the same fears at 27! I've been obese for a long time and I know my body isn't going to be perfect but it's the truth: healthy feels a lot better than anything else. WE CAN DO IT!
  • Tierra1983
    Options
    I say look at Tony Horton and then tell me how you feel about losing weight at 50. He is 53 years old (born July 2, 1958). Then look at all the hot celebrities that are around your age. You'll be fine and you'll look better being in the best shape of your life. I like all the beachbody work outs, but you could use any at home exercise videos. The key is to eat right and exercise. It just depends what you're going for really. I want a body like Vanessa Tib. Haha! But I have a LONG way to go. =)

Tierra