Am I crazy? YES! and I'm new!

Options
So, a few months ago I made a deal with my father-in-law that I will run a marathon with him in January. I figured it would be a good thing, since I have so much weight to lose and I'd get to see the sun in the middle of the winter. Low and behold, I cannot run. I've worked my way up to jogging a mile at about a 13 minute mile, however I will not be able to keep up with him at this rate.
But I will be positive, as I "run" more, I will get stronger, with healthier lungs and stronger legs, etc.
I will also be lighter (crossing-fingers) which will just propell me to the finish line.
I know I have a long way to go, I know I need all the help I can get.. I also know, 3 weeks from now, when the scale isn't budging and ive watched every calorie and woke up for the gym every morning at 430am, I will get discourage, I will give up and I will bake cookies.
Or... this time, I might beat me. I might win myself, over myself and finally do it.

Replies

• lindsayw
    lindsayw Posts: 6
    Options
    So, a few months ago I made a deal with my father-in-law that I will run a marathon with him in January. I figured it would be a good thing, since I have so much weight to lose and I'd get to see the sun in the middle of the winter. Low and behold, I cannot run. I've worked my way up to jogging a mile at about a 13 minute mile, however I will not be able to keep up with him at this rate.
    But I will be positive, as I "run" more, I will get stronger, with healthier lungs and stronger legs, etc.
    I will also be lighter (crossing-fingers) which will just propell me to the finish line.
    I know I have a long way to go, I know I need all the help I can get.. I also know, 3 weeks from now, when the scale isn't budging and ive watched every calorie and woke up for the gym every morning at 430am, I will get discourage, I will give up and I will bake cookies.
    Or... this time, I might beat me. I might win myself, over myself and finally do it.
  • Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! If you follow what MFP tells you to do....you will lose weight!! You will see in just the first week. As for running, best of luck! I ran my first (and only) 5k last summer. I want to run a couple this summer. Time will tell. Stay positive.
  • MyAngelAndMe2
    Options
    Welcome Lindsay!

You will find tools, recipes, information and tons of support here on your journey to a healthier lifestyle.:glasses:
    Best of luck to you :drinker:
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    Welcome! You are in the right place!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This is the best website ever. I love it here and I think you will too. This website is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: