sugar allowances

Options
I'm confused about the sugar allowances for a 1100 calorie diet. 24 grams is difficult to maintain - eating 2 pieces of fresh fruit alone takes you way beyond 24 grams. Are there any suggestions?

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I go over that goal by 3x every day... It hasn't hindered my weight loss. Like you said my sugar is from fresh fruits... As long as it isn't super refined sugars who cares. :P
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    ignore it and avoid added sugars... like candy, sweets. Fruit sugar doesn't count in my opinion. There are others here that will say though that "sugar is sugar", so it's whatever works for you.
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above. I almost always go over on my sugar, but if it's because of fruit, I don't sweat it. I've cut out the refined sugars from my diet, and as long as I don't overdo the sugars in a single setting, I'm good. I try to spread the fruit out in order not to spike my blood sugar levels (trying to avoid diabetes), but I typically have almost twice as much sugar as MFP recommends for me.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i dont look at that because fruits have very high sugar and is differ from corn syrup and those types of sugar, i dont think its accurate
  • bigfluffyjujubird
    Options
    you can edit what you see on your daily totals take out the sugars then no more worries :0)
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I don't count natural sugars in my sugar allowance. The body can break down natural sugars easily. And why are you only eating 1100cals..you should be getting at least 1200cals.
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am always going over on my sugar and my personal trainer said that we ignore any sugar coming from fruits because it is natural. You want to stay away from foods that have sugar added into them. "Sugar is what makes us fat" is what my trainer says and tells me to keep it to 5 grams per meal and that includes snacks. I can't always do that but I make it my goal to be as close to that as possible.
  • mkallie
    mkallie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I don't even look at my sugar consumption... I just don't eat junk food.