Hi, I'm Ron and I am a Foodaholic

Options
Hello everyone...It's been over 120 days since my last Whopper!!

Seriously!

I started NutriSystems on Dec 17th 2008 (my 50th birthday). I weighed in at a ghastly 374 pounds. :-(
That next day I started NS and today I weighed in at 285 pounds.
I have hired a personal trainer to help me get my body into better overall shape and he mentioned this site. I am starting to transition away from NS foods so it's going to be a big challenge for me to continue my weight loss. My goal is 1800 cals a day and so far so good. I find it hard sometimes to fit the snacks in, but for the most part, I am getting my 6 meals a day and getting pretty close to my daily requirements.
With NS, it was pretty easy...here's your food, eat it at this time, drink the water and enjoy the benefits.

Now I'm on my own, so wish me luck.

The food diary here is awesome!
One of the keys to my success so far has been the fact that I kept a food diary and I do like this one.

Have a great day!
Ron

Replies

• mulewhipper
    Options
    Hello everyone...It's been over 120 days since my last Whopper!!

Seriously!

I started NutriSystems on Dec 17th 2008 (my 50th birthday). I weighed in at a ghastly 374 pounds. :-(
    That next day I started NS and today I weighed in at 285 pounds.
    I have hired a personal trainer to help me get my body into better overall shape and he mentioned this site. I am starting to transition away from NS foods so it's going to be a big challenge for me to continue my weight loss. My goal is 1800 cals a day and so far so good. I find it hard sometimes to fit the snacks in, but for the most part, I am getting my 6 meals a day and getting pretty close to my daily requirements.
    With NS, it was pretty easy...here's your food, eat it at this time, drink the water and enjoy the benefits.

Now I'm on my own, so wish me luck.

The food diary here is awesome!
    One of the keys to my success so far has been the fact that I kept a food diary and I do like this one.

Have a great day!
    Ron
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This is the best website ever. I love it here and I think you will too. This website is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Sounds like you're off to a fantastic start! Congratulations and best of luck to you! :drinker:
  • nanlorham
    Options
    Welcome -

You've done a great job on NS - keep up the good work here and keep us posted!
  • twink
    twink Posts: 6
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss, it is very inspiring to hear your success. I think you will find this site very helpful and informative! Good luck :)
  • KITTYKITTYBUTTER
    Options
    good luck:flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Welcome, Ron,

You will find lots of tools at MFP to help you plan meals on your own that will fit your food plan. You'll also find supportive friends who will give you support and suggestions.

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Continue to work hard and you'll continue to be successful :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I considered NS, but the cost held me back. Instead, I started with Lean Cuisine, Smart Ones, and Healthy Choice. Then I slowly added healthy reciepes in, as I found them. I think I lost my first 15 - 17 pounds with that method. Now, my doctor says I have to cut back on carbs to reduce my triglycerides. So, that pretty much cut out that method for me (all the white rice and pasta). But, try it and see if it works for you.

For me, it increased convenience and helped with portion control. I would still add a salad or some other vegetable to get my cals where they should be.
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Wow, way to go Ron!! Sounds like you are well on your way. I too love the food diary! Keep up the good work. :bigsmile:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    luck has NOTHING to do with it

accept that

work hard

that is all
  • reedwoman814
    Options
    Hi, Ron! I haven't posted yet on these boards but I wanted to just say:

Way to go! What a major accomplishment you've already made! Congratulations! :bigsmile:
  • Alligatorshirts
    Options
    Thats awesome in 4 months you lost 89lbs. Congradulations! I am just about where you were 4 months ago. My goal is to lose 30lbs per month, as I've done it before and know for me its attainable. The one thing I didn't have the first time I lost all my weight was a fitness journal like this one.

When you're in shape, sometimes you tell yourself you can eat a little extra, and just work out harder tomorrow. I guess some people can get a way with that, but my horrible metabolism won't let me. I am currently at 365, and want to get back to 205lbs.

Congratulations again Ron, and keep it up.

Dave
  • mulewhipper
    Options
    Thats awesome in 4 months you lost 89lbs. Congradulations! I am just about where you were 4 months ago. My goal is to lose 30lbs per month, as I've done it before and know for me its attainable. The one thing I didn't have the first time I lost all my weight was a fitness journal like this one.

When you're in shape, sometimes you tell yourself you can eat a little extra, and just work out harder tomorrow. I guess some people can get a way with that, but my horrible metabolism won't let me. I am currently at 365, and want to get back to 205lbs.

Dave

You can do it Dave...you already have. For me, I had to accept the fact that it had to be a "Lifestyle Change", not a diet.
    Once I did that, the rest kind of fell into place.
    There are lots of other things that need to be accomplished along the way, but once we understand what we have to do to change, the rest is just semantics.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Dave

You can do it Dave...you already have. For me, I had to accept the fact that it had to be a "Lifestyle Change", not a diet.
    Once I did that, the rest kind of fell into place.
    There are lots of other things that need to be accomplished along the way, but once we understand what we have to do to change, the rest is just semantics.

Well said, I like you already!!

Welcome to MFP!! :drinker: