What do you guys do when you go over one day?

Options
Tonight I'm getting food from Nando's (a Portuguese chicken place) which while isn't very bad for you at all, the sides are probably what is going to put me over my calorie goal (not more than maintanence, however). I'm not worrying about the fact that I'm going over(I'm celebrating my very first college acceptance!!! - yes, I am a HS senior haha), and I even tried to think of the healthiest restaurants to go to, I'm just wondering how you all attempt to keep your week in balance when you have a higher-calorie day. Do you just go as normal the next day, exercise more, or eat less? I've only been on my plan for about two weeks and have lost a couple of pounds already. Thanks!!

Replies

• Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I excercise a bit more that day to make myself back at goal or under.
  • MontanaGing
    Options
    Congrats on those few lbs just the begining... my daughter is your age .. its awesome that your taking a interest in your exercise :) ... we all go over some days so don't u stress to bad just be mindfull of how much you have of those sides and try to do a little bit more exsercise ... splurges are ok just don't go overboard... and keep in mind sweetie your young you need those extra calories .. beautiful inside out!!!!
  • Gunff
    Gunff Posts: 47
    Options
    I hit my maintenance calories once a week or at least 1 day every other week. it isn't bad, as long as you don't make a habit out of it.

enjoy yourself and congrats!
  • abetterliv
    abetterliv Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If anybody was wondering, I just finished and added my foods and I actually did fine (even though I feel incredibly full). I probably underestimated portions but im definitely below maintenance. I think I'll go for the frozen yogurt my dad bought :)
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I enjoy every moment of it and I do nothing different the following day.
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I have my one indulge day every once in awhile :) Then get right back on track the next day :)
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I normally don't worry too much about it. I'll be over about 500 today. However every other day this week I was under by 200 at the very least.
    So I've found it balances out. Also it keeps me sane. Some days I work out burn 700 calories and can simply not eat 2300 calories.
    Some days I easily can eat more.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    If I feel like it was a really bad calorie day, I'll try to stay much closer to my minimum the next day, make sure I'm drinking plenty of water and make sure to get my workouts in for the next few days.

But, I don't stress too much, and I enjoy whatever it is I'm doing/having, because that's the important part.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Set PRs in the gym the next day

don't go crazy trying to make up for it as that can create an unhealthy cycle of overeating and then undereating/over exercising
  • Samantha1941
    Samantha1941 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I just go back to eating my normal calories and make sure I work out the next day. Congrats on your College acceptance!!! How exciting!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Right now since I'm bulking, I pat my stomach and enjoy the good eats.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    When I go over I just continue the next day normal - I don't work out harder or longer or anything :)
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Don't over think it next day just resume, you can't modify what happened yesterday but you can definitely change what you will do tomorrow
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    When it happens...I'll let you know ;)

Since i can't afford to eat out, everything i eat i log, so never go over...