Volunteers for testimonials?

Options
Mike
Mike Posts: 823 Member
Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask a favor of all of you: I'm working on a redesign of the home page, and I'd love to include some testimonials from actual members about how MyFitnessPal has helped them achieve their diet and fitness goals. I have one on the home page already, but I would love to be able to include a lot more.

Would anyone be willing to volunteer a testimonial that I could use on the home page? Basically, I'd show your profile picture, your username, and a quote from you about MyFitnessPal. The quote would be short - 2-3 sentences at most - just talking about how MyFitnessPal helped you to achieve your goals. For example, something like:

"I've lost 20 pounds in a little over a month! I tell everyone I know about MFP."

Of course, don't let me put words in your mouth :laugh:

If anyone would be willing to volunteer a quote, please let me know - it'd be greatly appreciated. If you're interested, just send me a mail message with your testimonial or just post it right on this topic. I'll choose a few favorites and put them on the new home page once it's ready.

And if your testimonial ends up not being chosen, please don't be hurt - there's only a few that I'll be able to include. But over time, I'll try to rotate through as many as I can.

Thanks in advance, and hope you are all enjoying the site!

Replies

• Mike
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask a favor of all of you: I'm working on a redesign of the home page, and I'd love to include some testimonials from actual members about how MyFitnessPal has helped them achieve their diet and fitness goals. I have one on the home page already, but I would love to be able to include a lot more.

Would anyone be willing to volunteer a testimonial that I could use on the home page? Basically, I'd show your profile picture, your username, and a quote from you about MyFitnessPal. The quote would be short - 2-3 sentences at most - just talking about how MyFitnessPal helped you to achieve your goals. For example, something like:

"I've lost 20 pounds in a little over a month! I tell everyone I know about MFP."

Of course, don't let me put words in your mouth :laugh:

If anyone would be willing to volunteer a quote, please let me know - it'd be greatly appreciated. If you're interested, just send me a mail message with your testimonial or just post it right on this topic. I'll choose a few favorites and put them on the new home page once it's ready.

And if your testimonial ends up not being chosen, please don't be hurt - there's only a few that I'll be able to include. But over time, I'll try to rotate through as many as I can.

Thanks in advance, and hope you are all enjoying the site!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I would like to if you are interested. Let me know.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    id be interested too, but im not at my goal yet :blushing:
  • starteam144
    starteam144 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sure you can use anything I have posted on my page...

Julie
  • Mike
    Options
    Thanks to you all! If you're interested, just send me a mail message with, in your own words, what you think about MyFitnessPal, or even just post it right on this topic.

Thanks again for volunteering, I appreciate it!
  • jcrook
    jcrook Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi Mike,
    Someone suggested my post from this morning under success stories as a good testimonial for you. You are certainly welcome to use it if you like. MyFitnessPal has been key to my success.

"Nine months ago, at 180 lbs., I made a goal of 155 by 55- 155 lbs by my 55th birthday. Well tomorrow's my birthday and this morning, for the first time in 25 years I stepped on the scale and saw 155!!! Last night I played basketball with men 20 and 30 years my junior and I kept up with them! My blood pressure is down, my cholesterol is great. I'm loving life. Thank you God... and MY FITNESS PAL!"
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Hi Mike,
    Someone suggested my post from this morning under success stories as a good testimonial for you. You are certainly welcome to use it if you like. MyFitnessPal has been key to my success.

"Nine months ago, at 180 lbs., I made a goal of 155 by 55- 155 lbs by my 55th birthday. Well tomorrow's my birthday and this morning, for the first time in 25 years I stepped on the scale and saw 155!!! Last night I played basketball with men 20 and 30 years my junior and I kept up with them! My blood pressure is down, my cholesterol is great. I'm loving life. Thank you God... and MY FITNESS PAL!"

I think that is a great testimonial too :bigsmile:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I officially throw Tam under the bu.... err, nominate her :)
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I sent you mine. :drinker:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I sent you mine....:glasses:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Haha that's funny I was just wondering the other day why there was only one testimonial there. :laugh:

Thanks for all you do Mike! You keep up with the site incredibly, especially for someone that has so much else going on! :flowerforyou:
  • jenstrausbaugh
    Options
    I will do it!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Here's mine!

I started 4 months ago on MFP and have lost 40 lbs to date. My husband started just after me and he has lost 50 lbs! I have told friends and family about this site and how easy it is to use.
  • holpak
    holpak Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi mike.. that's funny i just posted that yesterday.. It has been a little over a month and i'm 20 pounds down and feel great! My husband has also lost 17 pounds.I love MFP the reports are so great to see that you've been staying on track. It makes it so easy to track calories because you have such a great food database. The motivation and support i get on MFP is so crucial. I do tell everyone i know to use this site because it is so easy! Thanks so much :smile:

You can definitely use mine if you'd like!!

Holly
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Not only is My Fitness Pal helping me lose weight, but it is helping me see exactly how much I am eating and control my portions. It is so easy to use, anyone can do it! I tell everyone about this site!

You can certainly use mine too if you'd like, I really do love this site, thanks so much for making it so easy to use!
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I 2nd that! :drinker:
  • Mike
    Options
    Thanks everyone - these quotes are great! I really appreciate your volunteering. I'll keep you all posted as to when the new home page design will be ready.

Thanks again!
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I 2nd that! :drinker:

3rd that!!:happy:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Especially for not throwing me under the bus!!:laugh: :laugh:

I sent him my testimonial a few days ago!! :flowerforyou:
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Tamtastic certainly is a major player here on MFP---she is the one that impressed me the most!

Laura MG is another "newcomer" that is doing VERY well!! (on your tail Laura!!)==and I can't think of her name but the cute blond who has a wedding in 3 months---she ahs lost over 60 pounds and has MET her goal the same as Tamtastic.

123504.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!