Wierd & Wacky Veggies that Combat Diet Bordom.

Options
starteam144
starteam144 Posts: 22 Member
I eat a lot of Wierd, Way-Out, Radical Veggies...

Here Are My FAVORITES

Rutabagas... bake them (brush with olive oil) and season with Sea Salt, Pepper and Rosemary (taste like potatoes with a kick).

Eggplant: slice dip in egg with 1 tsp mustard and fry with Pam Spray or a bit of olive oil... yummy.

Mustard Greens (Whole Foods) has Canned Indian Food and the spinach/mustard greens are the BOMB...I love those

Okra... saute in Olive Oil and add Indian seasonings and spaghetti sauce (no or low sugar).

Acorn Squash: cut in half, scrape out seeds, use a knife and cut lines into the squash (diamond pattern) spray with I Can't Believe Its Not Butter Spray, Splenda and Cinnamon then turn upside down in 1/4 inch thick water and bake for an hour or until tender. Tastes like yummy sweet potatoes pie...

Glory makes yummy seasoned Green Beans which you can just heat and eat.

Julie

Replies

• starteam144
    starteam144 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of Wierd, Way-Out, Radical Veggies...

Here Are My FAVORITES

Rutabagas... bake them (brush with olive oil) and season with Sea Salt, Pepper and Rosemary (taste like potatoes with a kick).

Eggplant: slice dip in egg with 1 tsp mustard and fry with Pam Spray or a bit of olive oil... yummy.

Mustard Greens (Whole Foods) has Canned Indian Food and the spinach/mustard greens are the BOMB...I love those

Okra... saute in Olive Oil and add Indian seasonings and spaghetti sauce (no or low sugar).

Acorn Squash: cut in half, scrape out seeds, use a knife and cut lines into the squash (diamond pattern) spray with I Can't Believe Its Not Butter Spray, Splenda and Cinnamon then turn upside down in 1/4 inch thick water and bake for an hour or until tender. Tastes like yummy sweet potatoes pie...

Glory makes yummy seasoned Green Beans which you can just heat and eat.

Julie
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    all of those sound yummy. thanks for the tip :smile: