Exercise TV On Demand

Options
Just read that as of December 31st - Exercise TV On Demand will no longer be available. Damn!!!

Replies

• nicolio8699
    nicolio8699 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! say it ain't so!!!! <3<3
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I just found out last night. I'm so disappointed! As someone who gets bored easily with DVD workouts and doing the same thing with the same person on a daily basis. I used this feature on my cable ALL THE TIME!
    I can't afford the gym! I'm sad.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    That is horrible news!! All cable systems? Will have to do a search on it.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    NOOOOO!!! Are you sure? I know different cable companies have different names for it. Maybe the name is changing?
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Its true! Even the website will be no longer!
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    So sad :sad: Guess I will have to hit up the library for new workout DVDs then.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    It's true! Really bums me out! I've been googling around to see if there is going to be an alternate replacement. Found a Comcast forum where someone stated there will be...sometime around mid-December. But that's definitely not a reliable source.
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    THATS SUCKS!!!! i just this week got cable and found this and was soooooo excited to have this available
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    If that channel existed for our Direct TV, I couldn't find it anyway. All I could find were a half dozen channels selling workout dvds and prepackaged diet and fitness programs 24/7. So yeah, I guess the two aren't compatible. I'll be voting with my wallet by getting workout dvds used for the most part, or by streaming Netflix's selection and then refusing to spend more $$$ every month to order the ones they don't stream by mail. Also, bargain DVD bins in various stores. Good stuff!
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    On the plus side, I just went on their website and they are selling lots of DVDs for $1! It may be time to stock up!

http://www.exercisetv.tv/store/c-305-super-sale-dvds.aspx
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I know. That sucks....I use it everyday.

pa_jorg thanks for the link!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    On the plus side, I just went on their website and they are selling lots of DVDs for $1! It may be time to stock up!

http://www.exercisetv.tv/store/c-305-super-sale-dvds.aspx

I know! I got a bunch of these. Some are really decent and the shipping was reasonable too.

Wow! Walking Cardio Shapeup Max is $1 .... this has 2 low impact circuit workouts with Chris Freytag ... I really recommend this. A "walking" workout just means .... low impact and simple choreography ..... you will not be marching in place for 45 minutes.
  • nchaidez
    nchaidez Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just discovered the app (nike training club). not sure how many different workouts there are, but it looks like a good variety. It's a free app. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to this weekend. Heard it's pretty good.
  • mssweetjay
    Options
    WELL I BE DAMN!!!!!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    That stinks, I always used that for when I didn't make it to the gym! Thanks for the link though, going to check it out.
  • FatassFairy
    FatassFairy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    well doesnt that just suck eggs
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    They are leaving the internet as well. They are having a good sale. They don't have that many dvds left, but they are selling a lot of them for $1.00. I wish that some of the ones I've bought recently were $1.00, but the prices that I have paid for them are worth it.
  • AriannaTiyen42
    AriannaTiyen42 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    :sad:
  • pavan12
    Options
    For those who say the gym is expensive, here is what I do

I have a gym membership ( I am not really sure how it works in the other states, but I live in California). So I have a member ship to 24 hour fitness.

How I got my memberhship is from COSTCO, go to your local costco and see if they have these deals on gym memberships, I am sure every costco will be different.

I have a gym membership that costs me 12.50 a month for 2 yrs. Not a bad deal if you are going to be committed to the gym. However they do want the money up from, which for me at that time was $299.99 something like that I dont remember
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    For those who say the gym is expensive, here is what I do

I have a gym membership ( I am not really sure how it works in the other states, but I live in California). So I have a member ship to 24 hour fitness.

How I got my memberhship is from COSTCO, go to your local costco and see if they have these deals on gym memberships, I am sure every costco will be different.

I have a gym membership that costs me 12.50 a month for 2 yrs. Not a bad deal if you are going to be committed to the gym. However they do want the money up from, which for me at that time was $299.99 something like that I dont remember

This is a really interesting idea, thanks for the tip. I'm not opposed to the gym or the membership fee. Sometimes it's just easier to work out at home though which is why I'll miss ExerciseTV.