Losing the last 15...

Options
I am pretty close to my goal weight now. I'm finding it harder and harder every month to keep losing though. I'm currently 128. I want to be 110-115. So about 13-18 more lbs to go. I'm really aiming for a low weight so i can start to build muscles and maybe even out around 115-120.

Any tips on how to lose those last 10-15 lbs?

Replies

• Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I think you would look anorexic if you lost 10-15 more pounds. You're already thin. I would just try bulding muscle now.
  • ksmith2187
    Options
    I think you would look anorexic if you lost 10-15 more pounds. You're already thin. I would just try bulding muscle now.

Agreed.
  • spinedocmfp
    spinedocmfp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    At this point you would be losing a lot of muscle as well as fat to move the scale. Start eating more and build muscle. You will look fit and better, and have lower % body fat. Those abs and muscles are more visible when they are larger. Plus, more muscle means you can have higher calories and still lose or maintain weight.
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree with everyone else, do not lose any more weight! If you want to tone a little that is ok, but you look great just as you are. Lose any more and you won't look healthy. I hope you listen!!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I dont know where people are getting the idea that im already thin enough. O_O Its not like i starve myself. I run, and lift weights like everyone else. I honestly think i could afford to lose some more weight. 115 sounds perfectly healthy to me, i was boxing at that weight and was quite strong.
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    At this point you would be losing a lot of muscle as well as fat to move the scale. Start eating more and build muscle. You will look fit and better, and have lower % body fat. Those abs and muscles are more visible when they are larger. Plus, more muscle means you can have higher calories and still lose or maintain weight.

I agree with this poster. At this point you will need to eat more to lose. I can't see your diary so that maybe a generalization but it's a good one. When you are down to the last 10 to 15lbs you have to maintain a very small deficit to get your body to shed the fat. I used to say to myself, if I had a lot of calories to eat at the end of a day, "time to feed my diet".

Make sure you are eat all your exercise calories and keep your deficit at 250 calories and you will continue to lose. Much more deficit and you will start to stall.

Good luck on your journey. I don't know your height so I don't know if your goal is "healthy". But sense we are all adult here I will let you make that decision for yourself.
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options

I agree with this poster. At this point you will need to eat more to lose. I can't see your diary so that maybe a generalization but it's a good one. When you are down to the last 10 to 15lbs you have to maintain a very small deficit to get your body to shed the fat. I used to say to myself, if I had a lot of calories to eat at the end of a day, "time to feed my diet".

Make sure you are eat all your exercise calories and keep your deficit at 250 calories and you will continue to lose. Much more deficit and you will start to stall.

Good luck on your journey. I don't know your height so I don't know if your goal is "healthy". But sense we are all adult here I will let you make that decision for yourself.

I read this post cause I am about 15lbs from my goal weight. I have been in a stall for a year and I could never figure out why. I kept thinking if I have a weekly deficit of 3500 cals per week, shouldn't I be losing? It's so weird that you need to EAT MORE in order to lose weight when you get closer to your goal weight. I am going to start working on building muscle by doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and her other Shred-It video. (I HATE weight training, but thought I might enjoy these videos). But I'll keep these posts in mind: eat more, eat my exercise calories, and do some strength training! Thanks all! (I hope this works! I want to get to my goal weight in 2012!)
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I dont know where people are getting the idea that im already thin enough. O_O Its not like i starve myself. I run, and lift weights like everyone else. I honestly think i could afford to lose some more weight. 115 sounds perfectly healthy to me, i was boxing at that weight and was quite strong.

I don't know where you're getting the idea that you need to lose more weight. O_O Nobody said you were starving yourself they made an observation that you’re already thin. That’s great that your being healthy. Your right 115 isn't to low... depending on you're height. But from your profile picture if you lost 15 more pounds you would look WAY TO THIN! I think you should focus more on gaining muscle than focusing on the number on the scale. ALL of those posters said that your were thin. It's an opinion. I would take it into consideration. If you’re having trouble losing more weight maybe that’s because you are already at the weight your are suppose to be at. Be healthy not anorexic and in order to be healthier than you already are that would mean build muscle and not focusing on losing weight.