Needing to lose 100 lbs. Looking for good advice and encour

Options
Hello,

I started this past week and have actually enjoyed exercising and seeing results with my change of diet and exercise. I am looking for some support and encouragement from others at the same time encouraging others in my same situation. I have 100 lbs to lose in the next year and want to do it with good nutrition and exercise. Any advice would be great and good friends through this process will be even greater.

Thank you for your support.

Replies

• JenniferH007
    Options
    check out traner at the gym they do talk about ganing lean musle and then every thing will come good luck and welcome oh and you should eat 5 small meals a day enouph calorise so you don't starve you body i made that mistake .
  • heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    One week, one day, one pound at a time...good luck...:-}
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I started this past week and have actually enjoyed exercising and seeing results with my change of diet and exercise. I am looking for some support and encouragement from others at the same time encouraging others in my same situation. I have 100 lbs to lose in the next year and want to do it with good nutrition and exercise. Any advice would be great and good friends through this process will be even greater.

Thank you for your support.

That's what I did. I'm at 80lbs lost so far, I'm going to lose another 20 and then stay around 180lbs.

Snack on veggies, drop processed sugars, lots of water, no snacking, no cheating, no bull**** eating, quit fast food. Eat a good breakfast, lots of chicken, veggies & salads (minimal dressing, always a low fat one. Sugar free tends to have fake sugar, so get lower fat ones.

And bust your *kitten* in the gym, running, or at the least, walking 30 mins a day.

That's what I did anyways.
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    The best advice I can give you is it all starts with a single step. No amount of wishing, willpower or motivation will help you.
    Its literally putting one foot in front of the other, no matter how crappy you are feeling. Its tracking your food honestly and wanting something better for yourself and your life.
    In the beginning I didnt believe I could do it, I just had to start doing what I needed to do.... I hated it, I couldnt stand not being able to eat what I wanted. But as time when on and I got results, slowly but surely i have realised I can actually see this through.
    You have what it takes, it will just take a while to believe it!!!!!
    We are here to support you! YAY for you for making this decision, good luck!
  • angelbeville
    Options
    Good advice from everyone all around. Slow and steady is what has worked for me so far. This isn't a race, but a long term journey towards a better quality of life. As long as you are going in the right direction, all you have to do is keep walking!

Good luck!!!! You can do it!!!
  • aklitten
    aklitten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    It's all about making good choices, allowing yourself little treats while still holding yourself accountable. After all, it's just you who can bring you to the place where you want to be. I will admit that this tool is an amazing way to make that easy. Just make sure your goals are reasonable. One of the things that helps me to keep going is that knowing exercises gives me more calories! I love to eat, and I love good food and wine, so if 30 minutes on my bike buys me 300 extra calories, than by George let me clip in my bike shoes! Good luck, and have faith in yourself.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    2 lbs a week for a solid year is a pretty solid goal. I can only offer some vague advice based on what I know but here goes:

1. Take it one day at a time. This means not worrying so much about the "big picture," and not getting down on yourself if you have one bad day. Just deal with your exercise and intake each day in turn, realizing that this is a lifestyle change that will take lots of time to realize but you can only control the NOW right now.

2. I'd recommend not using MFP's default food macros. They load you up on carbs, which are not great for controlling appetite. Proteins are the slowest-digesting macronutrient, and as such the best at controlling your appetite and achieving satiety. You can customize your food goals and alter the % assigned to each macronutrient if you like. Were I you, I'd go 40 protein, 30 carb, 30 fat to start.

3. Concentrate on cardio to begin with. This will make your heart healthier and get you used to exercise before you start trying to mess with weights and other types of strength training. I highly recommend swimming, cycling, and stepping. Assuming you're coming from a fairly sedentary lifestyle, a step riser is great cause you can just set it in front of the TV and work out as long as you want while still watching the boob tube lol.

4. Drink tons of water.
  • chrischinchilla
    chrischinchilla Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm sure others have given you plenty of good advice on how to workout, eat right, etc. Mine is this: LOG IN EVERYTHING YOU EAT, EVERY DAY. Don't skip a day. Don't skip a meal. Don't skip a handful of raisins or a single piece of candy! Log everything, and LOG IN EVERY DAY. Make your goal 21 straight days of logging in and logging EVERYTHING--they say it takes 21 days to form a habit. No matter how much or how little you eat, no matter how much or how little you exercise, LOG IN AND LOG ALL! Am I getting repetitive? One more time for good measure: LOG IN EVERYDAY, AND LOG EVERYTHING YOU EAT! The conscientiousness and integrity this builds will get you where you want to go! Good luck!
  • rwwerner
    rwwerner Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I want to thank everybody who gave input to my introduction. I have taken your advice and put it to work. I have logged in 16 days straight logging all exercise and food. I have only missed one day of exercise (day off). I have lost 14 lbs so far in 2 1/2 weeks. I know the first 10 lbs is easy at this weight. Thank you for your support.

rwwerner