To drink or not to drink ....

Options
Hiya .. .well its Friday night and I've been really good with the diet and exercise this week, and really would like a drink .... my take is if you've been good all week and under calories, you can treat yourself to a tipple or two at the weekend ... especially leading up to Crimbo .......................... your thoughts please???

Replies

• soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the bad few that saves enough calories for a glass of wine each night....I'll be having a couple tonight as im feeling sorry for myself and couldnt make it out to girls night :)
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    If it fits into my daily count and I want it I eat it or drink it.
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    oops
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with having a drink if you have the calories.
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I plan to tonight, and it's putting me over on my calories, but that's ok. It will be worth it.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Excuse me while I put my beer down to respond to your post.
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a drink. Forget the calories and just enjoy yourself, it's not like you do it all the time (i hope so)
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Excuse me while I put my beer down to respond to your post.

**Like**

For me, I try and eat really well all week (including weekends) that way my cheat is worth it. Some people cheat with a cookie or cheese... I always cheat with wine and vodka tonics :)
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Let's see, Wednesday evening I burned 1600 calories. My NET was at -600...yep, I completed my night with 3 glasses of Moscato. After effects...down 2lbs this morning. Not necessarily a direct correlation but to make the point that it doesn't matter...if you want it, have it!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Double Post
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    The answer is ALWAYS drink
  • hotkitten
    Options
    I absolutely agree with you and plan on having a drink myself tonight. You have to treat yourself for all your hard work. If its just one night and you get back to work tomorrow it won't hurt. Enjoy
  • hotkitten
    Options
    I absolutely agree with you and plan on having a drink myself tonight. You have to treat yourself for all your hard work. If its just one night and you get back to work tomorrow it won't hurt. Enjoy
  • claireliston
    Options
    like it!!
  • olnsar
    olnsar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the bad few that saves enough calories for a glass of wine each night....I'll be having a couple tonight as im feeling sorry for myself and couldnt make it out to girls night :)

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who does this! :)
    I say if you've got the calories, go for it. The important thing is to know when to stop...
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    The question really is WHAT to drink...gin or vodka?
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options

I like gin better than vodka. Personally I chose whiskey tonight.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options

rum..duh
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options

I like gin better than vodka. Personally I chose whiskey tonight.

I'm debating tequila or wine....i know, quite differnet, but those are my choices
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    If you fit it into your calories or are just giving yourself a night 'off', go for it.
    I personally, do not. For more reasons than one but mainly because I end up bloated for the next few days and it doesn't seem worth feeling crappy about myself for a couple drinks.