Important Question!

Options
So to all my fitness trainer friends/people who have been on here longer then myself!....should I only log exercise I do purposly (ie. treamill, stair stepper etc.), or should I log everything from "work walking" to "washing dishes"....thoughts? suggestions?

Replies

• mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't log those sorts of everyday things.
    My heart rate never gets that high when I was dishes LOL
    I would just think of those little things a bonus cals.
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't log those sorts of everyday things.
    My heart rate never gets that high when I was dishes LOL
    I would just think of those little things a bonus cals.

I agree! Bonus cals is the way to go! :)
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Your daily activities (based on the level you selected on your profile) should take most of that into account when MFP calculates your daily calorie allowance. If you start adding that stuff in, you're probably going to intake way more than you burn. Now, if you're doing something particularly strenuous like mowing the lawn or scrubbing a bathroom and you want to log it, feel free, but not the everyday kinda stuff.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    when i had my activity level set as sedentary, i would log my walks to take kidlet to and from school and my walk to pick up my produce box.. but i found i was always hungry even when i ate those exercise calories back.. (and it also stopped feeling like exercise) so i upped my activity level to lightly active and only log actual exercise and strenuous yard work (mowing the lawn, raking leaves, etc)
  • nikkijay25
    nikkijay25 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have noticed people logging that......I wouldn't log it
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I don't log activity that doesn't make me breathe hard or sweat. I wouldn't do it even if I wore a heart rate monitor while doing it because those devices are designed to be worn during cardio workout, not housework or strength training or every day stuff like window shopping, etc. If it's continuous movement for at least 20 min and/or you get sweaty or out of breath, then I say go for it, but otherwise it's bonus calories, which balances out some of the inaccuracies in the database.

Deedee