Do I look manly...

Options
Misiaxcore
Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
In my profile pic? lol. I showed my boyfriend and he said if I wasn't wearing my sports bra I /could/ look like a man... not something I like to hear ! Although I do want to be lean, strong, and "toned."

Replies

• fmeisele
    Options
    I'm not seeing a man, maybe you need a new boyfriend lol You look good to me.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Doesn't look manly to me.
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Your shoulders and arms look manly to me. But you do have a little curve at the bottom of your sports bra.
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    You don't look manly. Your arms look a little buff. Maybe that's what he's talking about?
    Btw, id LOVE to have buff arms like that!
  • kelly_gelinas
    kelly_gelinas Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    you don't look manly to me. I would love arms and an upper back like yours. Maybe your boyfriend is jealous that your muscles are more defined then his. Does he work out? Ask him to go to the gym with you. Maybe you could teach him some things.
  • Misiaxcore
    Options
    Thank you all for the honest opinions!
    you don't look manly to me. I would love arms and an upper back like yours. Maybe your boyfriend is jealous that your muscles are more defined then his. Does he work out? Ask him to go to the gym with you. Maybe you could teach him some things.

He's actually really muscular because he has no body fat on him. He has a decent amount of gym stuff in his basement and is now showing me the ropes of heavy lifting xD
  • KaylaTie
    Options
    Broad shoulders does not equal manly...you look STRONG. When I clicked on your picture I most certainly did not think you were a man at all. You look awesome!
  • Misiaxcore
    Options
    Broad shoulders does not equal manly...you look STRONG. When I clicked on your picture I most certainly did not think you were a man at all. You look awesome!

Thank you <3 As a swimmer I've been self-conscious about my shoulders for most of my life D:
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    a LOT of women would love to have such a fantastic,toned figure!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    a LOT of women would love to have such a fantastic,toned figure!
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he feels threatened by the confident, strong woman he sees. If he's a keeper and this is temporary behavior,reassure him that he's still the guy otherwise, make a note.

Go swimmers!
  • jetscreaminagain
    Options
    Sounds like he feels threatened by the confident, strong woman he sees. If he's a keeper and this is temporary behavior,reassure him that he's still the guy otherwise, make a note.

Go swimmers!
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! Besides if you look manly, I must be a total dude by now! I enjoy having definition and don't consider myself less feminine because of it.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I thought swimmer as soon as I saw your pic but certainly not manly.
  • Misiaxcore
    Options

Go swimmers!

I think he was just being honest and didn't mean it in a mean way, but it still made all GAAAH, hence this thread :tongue: He has been my number 1 supporter in my lifestyle change:heart:

But today we were kinda wrestling and I was close to kicking his butt, so he probably is threatened a little bit :ohwell:
  • Misiaxcore
    Options
    Thank you all for the (I hope) honest responses ! <33
  • murraycharlie
    Options
    you look strong and fit. your arms look very strong, but slightly bigger than the rest of your body. i get the same thing if i lift heavy weights, even if it's 8 pounds. i have to keep the weights lower to avoid getting my arms too big. smaller weights, many reps. maybe he feels a bit threatened because you could probably beat him up :) yoga can help lengthen and tone without bulking up. are you drinking protein shakes? sometimes that can make the muscles bigger.
  • kathas0trophal
    kathas0trophal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    he is only afraid that you can beat him up.i m so sorry ;-). hey you look good, strong and confident wht more should be there?
  • jetscreaminagain
    Options
    Good. I'm glad it's like that. Just reassure him of his manly role in your life.

Some women are with men that tear them down to feel better. That's an awful thing. Glad it's not you. Keep lifting heavy and getting hot!

Go swimmers!

I think he was just being honest and didn't mean it in a mean way, but it still made all GAAAH, hence this thread :tongue: He has been my number 1 supporter in my lifestyle change:heart:

But today we were kinda wrestling and I was close to kicking his butt, so he probably is threatened a little bit :ohwell:
  • polarlove
    polarlove Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    the arms and shoulders alone MAYBE, but you can definitely tell by the curve of your lower back, and your lovely legs that you're a woman. he's probably just jealous of your buff body :P