Not eating your exercise cals and not losing anymore?

Options
This would be an EXCELLENT article to read:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html

Good read for anyone who has had this problem, having it now, or wants to avoid it happening.
Or just to gain knowledge :D

Replies

• Oh crap..
    This is so much easier said than done.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    bump.. because I'm to lazy to read it now..
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    It is pretty long ^-^ good read tho!
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    yet another excellent post from Sunshine. Thank you.
  • bkegurl36
    bkegurl36 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!! So many people need to read this, I am very glad I upped my calorie intake a while ago. Excellent post!!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    That was one of the first Lyle articles I read... good post!
    Options
    That was one of the first Lyle articles I read... good post!

same actually! I'm making a word document with links from Lyle/Alan to answer to common questions and thought this one needed a topic xD
  • Luv2BMommy
    Options
    bump
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    My story is pretty typical:

I used to be petrified about eating more (some days I still am), I used to have huge deficits (more than 1000) every day after exercise which I didn't want to eat back. I seriously could not get my head around the idea that if I ate more, I would lose more. I hit a plateau for several weeks - I started upping my calories (slowly). I went from eating 800 NET calories a day, to eating 1100 NET calories (yes, still low, but I needed to ease into it slowly, because I have fallen off the wagon before and completely let my eating get out of control.. it is very much a balancing act for me!). Got on the scales yesterday, I have lost several kilograms. It took a lot of convincing for me, but I can tell you this has worked for me (not sure how long). Now I am going to up a little more, so that I am netting about 1300 or 1400 calories daily and track my progress!
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    ^^Agreed, great post. :)
  • irisheyes42us
    Options
    BUMP!
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    well, sucky cuz i dont exercise at all and still dont lose weight. ...still looking for the reason.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • eadaniel11
    eadaniel11 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kellyjamespro
    kellyjamespro Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Murlin54
    Murlin54 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump and thanks.
  • Teach4Hisglory
    Teach4Hisglory Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Okay... so I may be one of these "tightly wound" people, but how long does one experiment with a lower deficit? I'm in desperate need to lose about 10 pounds soon, and I'm hitting a BRICK WALL. I'm running out of time to experiment without success. Any suggestions?
    Options
    Okay... so I may be one of these "tightly wound" people, but how long does one experiment with a lower deficit? I'm in desperate need to lose about 10 pounds soon, and I'm hitting a BRICK WALL. I'm running out of time to experiment without success. Any suggestions?

How long do you have until you need to lose that weight? And how low are you currently going?

You can lose water weight pretty easy. Hard to lose 10 lbs of fast quick tho. Dipping too low calorie wise and you may do more harm than good :O
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Great post sunshine