FAT is good

Options
We need fat. Do not be afraid of fat.

Replies

• katiepie111
    katiepie111 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

like! ive found over the years of severely restricting (then binging again) that about a week into the binge people start telling me that i look "healthy", and they didnt say anythng the week before when i was probably at a lower weight but my skin would be pale and dry and i would look aneamic because i just didnt eat ANY fat! - now as i try and lose weight the right way im not scared of including it every day!
  • mkallie
    mkallie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love fat. Avocados, nuts, dark chocolate... awesome. Plus it keeps you fuller longer.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    cheese! cave aged gruyere,,,,,extra sharp cheddar...
    love real full fat cheese!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

It tastes good too. :bigsmile:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

We shouldn't be afraid of CARBS either.

I'm waiting for the next fad diet to arise where protein is the newly deemed evil macro and we are supposed to eat nothing but carbs and fat, while limiting protein as long as it has fat in it. Cheese pizza, here I come!
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    This. I eat almond butter every single day - it's my saving grace! Used to eat "low fat" items, not realizing how much added sugar they had. I'm so happy that I finally have a basic understanding of nutrition and my body's needs - and fat sure is one of them!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Oh my peanut butter I agree.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I agree!! I always try to make sure I reach my fat goal :)
  • moylie
    moylie Posts: 195
    Options
    cheese! cave aged gruyere,,,,,extra sharp cheddar...
    love real full fat cheese!

Had some extra-aged gouda tonight..... like butta'.... yummm.
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    Fat makes the world round :D
  • Chood5
    Chood5 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I agree!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Yeah, fat is good if you want to keep your hair and gall bladder. I like those things so yes, I like fat!
  • moylie
    moylie Posts: 195
    Options
    I love fat. Avocados, nuts, dark chocolate... awesome. Plus it keeps you fuller longer.

Dark chocolate is my crack. Recently discovered dark chocolate w/ sea salt (LUUUV Trader Joes's for that).
  • Chood5
    Chood5 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    The word "fat" is scary. They should change the name
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

Dark chocolate is my crack. Recently discovered dark chocolate w/ sea salt (LUUUV Trader Joes's for that).
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    trader joes braNd peanut butter with flax is fantastic!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    rh1ili.jpg
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i tell women this in my office all of the time! i was trying to lose weight in the 80's, at the beginning of the "low fat" revolution and used to limit myself to very little fat. i learned over time, we do actually get smarter as we get older, that when the fat was taken out of the "low fat" foods, sugar replaced that fat to make the crap taste better....so....people got fatter with the "low fat" foods. i love nut butters, olives, and avacados!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Yeah, fat is good if you want to keep your hair and gall bladder. I like those things so yes, I like fat!

Ugh - I wish I got a clue about fat a long time ago. My hair is so pathetic - but noticeably less pathetic now that I am shooting for 30% fat. Also I am actually sleeping more than a few hours at a time on a regular basis.
  • Cydnie197
    Options

We shouldn't be afraid of CARBS either.

I'm waiting for the next fad diet to arise where protein is the newly deemed evil macro and we are supposed to eat nothing but carbs and fat, while limiting protein as long as it has fat in it. Cheese pizza, here I come!

But there are MANY studies that show that the two together can be a disasterous combination... heck with studies, just look around America.