Not eating your exercise cals and not losing anymore?

Options
2»

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,071 Member
    Options
    Just eat it.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    well, sucky cuz i dont exercise at all and still dont lose weight. ...still looking for the reason.

You logged one meal in the last week..............start there..........
  • Teach4Hisglory
    Teach4Hisglory Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    @Sunshine 88: It varies from day to day, but I've really been working to lose. I've been doing either protein shakes or bars once or twice a day as meal replacements. I do need to get rid of some "junk," but I'm dumbfounded that I'm gaining instead of losing. I added extra jogging this week to help start losing again. I've been trying desperately to lose enough weight (10 pounds left) to be medically able to get "normal" health insurance. (I've pretty much been paying "rent" to BCBS for the past 9 years.) I wanted to be in a comfortable zone by the 15th of December, but I'm losing hope of that goal. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks for your time. :o)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,071 Member
    Options
    @Sunshine 88: It varies from day to day, but I've really been working to lose. I've been doing either protein shakes or bars once or twice a day as meal replacements. I do need to get rid of some "junk," but I'm dumbfounded that I'm gaining instead of losing. I added extra jogging this week to help start losing again. I've been trying desperately to lose enough weight (10 pounds left) to be medically able to get "normal" health insurance. (I've pretty much been paying "rent" to BCBS for the past 9 years.) I wanted to be in a comfortable zone by the 15th of December, but I'm losing hope of that goal. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks for your time. :o)

I went back five days in your food journal. You are only eating potatos, bread, surgary stuff, and whey (protein) shakes. I would strongly suggest eaing real food. Just sayin. You can't expect your body to be happy with what you are putting in it.

Try: Vegetables, lean meats, low or non fat dairy, a couple fruits and some nuts every day. Olive oil, coconut oil, yogurt.

Real food.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    This would be an EXCELLENT article to read:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html

Good read for anyone who has had this problem, having it now, or wants to avoid it happening.
    Or just to gain knowledge :D

rh1ili.jpg
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I :heart: this article! I've forwarded, posted to my facebookk and MFP wall. I don't think people understand this. I didn't at one point in my journey. I eat between 1800-2000 cals a day (netting 1600) and I never looked or felt better.

o and LOL@sidesteal
  • Teach4Hisglory
    Options

I went back five days in your food journal. You are only eating potatos, bread, surgary stuff, and whey (protein) shakes. I would strongly suggest eaing real food. Just sayin. You can't expect your body to be happy with what you are putting in it.

Try: Vegetables, lean meats, low or non fat dairy, a couple fruits and some nuts every day. Olive oil, coconut oil, yogurt.

Real food.

Thank you! I deserved that. LOL
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    No need to replace real food with shakes and bars. After looking back at your diary I see a lot of processed foods. Try to limit these some more and replace with the suggestions already given. meats, tuna, other fish, and greek yogurt all have lots of protein! Your body will thank you :] Also I see you have had high sodium some days, that can mask weight loss. Do not deprive yourself though! That can be a recipe for disaster :] Make small changes.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    =D
    Whole foods
    Whole foods
    Whole foods
    water
    water
    water
    whole foods...oh...water!

Set protein to 1gper LBM
    Set Essential fats to .45 per LBM
    Carbs bring up the rear.
    oh...water!

Water.....
  • AriannaTiyen42
    AriannaTiyen42 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    good article
  • songbird1973
    Options
    Bump
  • patricia909
    patricia909 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Bump for morning coffee reading! :)
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    This would be an EXCELLENT article to read:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html

Good read for anyone who has had this problem, having it now, or wants to avoid it happening.
    Or just to gain knowledge :D

Good article and worthwhile reading! Thanks Sunshine!
  • Teach4Hisglory
    Options
    No need to replace real food with shakes and bars. After looking back at your diary I see a lot of processed foods. Try to limit these some more and replace with the suggestions already given. meats, tuna, other fish, and greek yogurt all have lots of protein! Your body will thank you :] Also I see you have had high sodium some days, that can mask weight loss. Do not deprive yourself though! That can be a recipe for disaster :] Make small changes.
    Thank you! Those are some common sense changes I CAN make. :o) I think when you reach desperation, you just lose your mind a bit. Thanks again!
  • Teach4Hisglory
    Options
    =D
    Whole foods
    Whole foods
    Whole foods
    water
    water
    water
    whole foods...oh...water!

Set protein to 1gper LBM
    Set Essential fats to .45 per LBM
    Carbs bring up the rear.
    oh...water!

Water.....
    Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Thank you!
    These new tidbits give me some hope for renewed success.
    And don't let me forget... THANK YOU. :o)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    glad so many read it :D
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Totally verified what I've been suspecting with my own results. Thanks for posting!!! :D