What my 1/2 pound means to me!

Options
I recently mentioned that the scale shows a 1/2 pound loss. Well my hubs said "wouldn't get to excited that's only 8 ounces"

So here is what it means to me

1) One ounce closer to finding me again

2) One ounce closer to freedom from my weight

3) One ounce closer to feeling sexy again

4) One ounce closer to freedom from my medications,
Insulin, 4 bp meds, acid reflux meds and sleeping meds.

5) One ounce closer to feeling good about me

6) One ounce closer to being a grandma they can be proud of

7) One ounce closer to finding my muse and being creative again and having the energy to create

8) One ounce closer to being happy again.

I have not been happy for a long time. Need to look inward for my happiness and not rely on someone to make me happy.

Replies

• pshearer7777
    pshearer7777 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I like this! Very good, positive, and correct attitude to have, I think.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Hubby needs a kick in the head.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter how big or small the number is, sounds like you have exactly the right attitude! Great job!!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options

agreed! I take every half pound - every ounce off is less me and going in the right direction. NOBODY loses 20 lbs all at once, it comes off by the ounce - occasionally by the pound but we know that's less healthy.
    Most ppl here weigh at least weekly & post losses by the ounce. I know I do - those ounces add up coming off just the same way they did going on

keep up the good work girlie!
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Here's to a lot more "8 ounces" :drinker:

I love the positive attitude!!
  • WalkingZero1
    WalkingZero1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Indeed!

I count every time that number goes down as a victory. Whether it be by 1.2 or .1, it's a well done in my book!
  • steveh08
    steveh08 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    One ounce at at time. That's how we gained it. That's the best way to lose it. Best of luck and heres to many more ounces gone.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed reading your post, ty!
  • morethanlilies
    Options

Agreed!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I'd be so mad if that was said to me. Maybe he doesn't realize how hard this is. I would have a little talk with him about support.

ANYWAY amazing job this journey is so much more than just weight loss. =] Keep it up half a pound is NOTHING to scoff at!
  • stevieb3052
    stevieb3052 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just drop an 8oz potato in his lap and then see if he thinks it's not a lot.

You are showing a great attitude despite the lack of support you seem to be getting at home.
  • tdoerr2
    Options
    Just drop an 8oz potato in his lap and then see if he thinks it's not a lot.

You are showing a great attitude despite the lack of support you seem to be getting at home.

As of right now not a lot of support from hubs. Hopefully it gets better.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing way of looking at it! When I lost my first pound, I was so excited and told everyone. Maybe someone was thinking "oh, it's just a pound," but that's one pound closer. Eventually all those little amounts are going to add up to the big goal number!
  • loves2tap
    loves2tap Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    love it! so positive! and today i lost .9 and to me it meant the world so i totally know how you feel! it feels great to lose anything -) yay for you!!!
  • classyhoney
    classyhoney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This is a great way to look at it. Any weight lost is progress. Onwards and upwards dahhling!
  • glassbully
    glassbully Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    very inspirational!! good luck!