Back from the beach... BURNED ! >/ Help!

Options
So, Im back from the beach. On the last day, I actually WENT to the sand and sea. Unfortunatly, the city is near the Equador Line, witch made me REALLY REALLY REALLY RED in a couple hours. I'm very white. Eggy White.
My skin feels HOT and Im constantly cold. I wanted to know if anyone can help me with a "secret formula" or something to take care of some of the damage done.
I have to say, never thought I had the nerve to wear a bikini.

Heres a upper body picture:
http://tinypic.com/r/iwujp4/5
My whole body is like that right now. And I mean it.

(I feel like I wrote half of this wrong, Im really sorry.)

Replies

• ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Our family had a huge birthday party last year for my daughter's 17th birthday on the 4th of July at the beach. My daughter I and got so burned, it was horrible. We ended up in the ER for the night, even our corneas were burned. We got some special burn cream from the hospital that helped us heal faster, but the thing that helped us the most was Solarcaine aloe vera gel. It kind of cools and numbs you as you put it on. We were in bed with sun poisoning for a week and my husband rubbed both of us down with the Solarcaine every couple of hours. It helps so much. I hope you can get ahold of some. Sunburns can be very painful. :( Hope you're feeling better soon!
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Nivea in the tin container works best for us--or aloe vera gel. In the BIG bottle. The blue stuff seems to cool better--it has some kind of menthol in it. Good luck. I know what a horrible burn is like. I'm a pasty white woman. :bigsmile:
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Keep your skin well moist. I normally use Nivea After Sun care.
  • nroisland
    nroisland Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    It may sound weird and you may smell a little, but it works: white vinegar.... Get a cotton ball and dab it all around. When I was pregnant last summer I got really badly burned (pregnancy makes your skin more sensative to sun if you didn't know, which I didn't at the time) and a friend suggested I use vinegar and it actually worked.
    Hope you feel some relief soon!
  • madameduffay
    madameduffay Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Ah, I too am pasty and have had this happen.

What I found helped was taking a shower and alternating between hot (or very warm) and cold for 30 seconds each for as long as you feel like it. Then, put aloe vera or aftersun on.

Otherwise, drinking helps forget the pain : 0
  • silverfox678
    silverfox678 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Aloe Vera... For sure will help sooth ur pain :(
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    The vinegar trick works...you just smell like a pickle for a few days and you will still peel unless you use a good moisturizer. Get your hands on some aloe with lidocane in it....it is usually a blue or green gel. That will kill the pain as well as keep you moisturized so you don't peel quite so bad. Of course use a good moisturizer...Cetaphil cream in the tub is very good (not the lotion) once you get the pain killed. Drink some sports drink to get your electrolytes back followed with lots of water to rehydrate. Use a pain reliever as needed for the headache. If the vinegar or aloe doesn't kill the burn head for the ER because it may be deeper than just the top layer of skin.
  • jenniferway
    jenniferway Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It may sound weird and you may smell a little, but it works: white vinegar.... Get a cotton ball and dab it all around. When I was pregnant last summer I got really badly burned (pregnancy makes your skin more sensative to sun if you didn't know, which I didn't at the time) and a friend suggested I use vinegar and it actually worked.
    Hope you feel some relief soon!

Vinegar does work - the other thing that works really well is milk. Fill your tub with lukewarm water, and add at least 1 litre of whole milk to the water. Soak for as long as you can. When you are done, make sure you just pat dry - do not rub! Also be sure to drink plenty of water as being burnt like that is also dehydrating. If you have really bad chills (i.e. teeth chattering) or start feeling "spacey" you need to make a trip to the ER.
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230
    Options
    I went to a concert in 2009. I was dumb and didn't bring sunblock. I burned SO bad! What helped me was Aveeno oatmeal baths, aloe with lidocaine, Banana Boat AfterSun lotion, lots and lots of water and a crap load of Tylenol and Advil. I was actually taking 4 Advil with 2 Tylenol because the burn actually hurt more when I put something on it, but if I didn't I felt like my skin was going to crack and bleed.. I blistered. I peeled. Well, not so much peel as my skin just came off in chunks comparable to sun bleached fish scales. I slept without clothes, and sitting up/hunched over. I probably should have gone to the hospital, but I'm stubborn. or stupid.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    OMG LOL Why would you put that on tinypic?!

Anyways, aloe, sprays with lidocaine cold oatmeal baths and of course time!

Also, sign up for photobucket or something instead of uploading images of yourself topless on free and public hosting sites. :(
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Nice.
  • kittzle
    kittzle Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Vinegar... seriously. Don't spend time thinking it's funny or weird, just go get a bottle - a big one.
    Soak some paper towels until they're soggy and dripping, and lay them all over your skin.

Clear Aloe vera gel often (or else your skin will turn blue with the blue lidocaine one)
    Spray Lidocaine with anti-bacterial stuff in it

I survived a week of getting burned in Florida with these. Burned my shoulders one day, my back the next, and my legs the 4th day. (Forgot I had legs when I spent all my time putting sun block on my shoulders and back, LOL) By the time I burned my legs, I had vinegar in a spray bottle to keep my paper towels wet!
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Vinegar... seriously. Don't spend time thinking it's funny or weird, just go get a bottle - a big one.
    Soak some paper towels until they're soggy and dripping, and lay them all over your skin.

Clear Aloe vera gel often (or else your skin will turn blue with the blue lidocaine one)
    Spray Lidocaine with anti-bacterial stuff in it

I survived a week of getting burned in Florida with these. Burned my shoulders one day, my back the next, and my legs the 4th day. (Forgot I had legs when I spent all my time putting sun block on my shoulders and back, LOL) By the time I burned my legs, I had vinegar in a spray bottle to keep my paper towels wet!

This^ I'm recovering from sunburn myself and found that vinegar and the clear Aloe vera helped a lot.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Others have helped for the pain, but you MUST up your water. I really can't stress that enough. You're going to be seriously dehydrated right now. 10-12 cups at least.

Hope you feel better soon. Sunburn is the worst!
  • epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    What everyone else has said...

- Drink lots of water
    - Ibuprofen as an anti-inflammatory
    - Milk, vinegar, aloe vera, topical creams to take the sting out

And use a full spectrum sun BLOCK from here on out.