Buy new pants now or later?

Options
Just had my 3rd baby 4 months ago. The clothes from before my 2nd baby no longer fit - they're too loose! :) Good problem to have, I know. I still have 12# or so to go to my goal weight, and I don't have any of those close from my pre-1st-baby days. One of my coworkers commented today that my pants are really baggy and I should go buy some new ones, but I hate to buy new ones just to buy MORE new ones in a couple months. Thoughts? It's not so much the money thing as just that I hate shopping and the idea of doing it twice is not fun for me! :)

Replies

• Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I had to go and buy some pants for a trip I made to Indiana for Thanksgiving because it is cold there and I had 1 pair of pants that actually fit me. I went to Ross..... They have GREAT DEALS there!!! I bought 2 nice pair of jeans for right around $25.00 and what I did was , I bought them a bit snug, but comfortable. I also really enjoyed it because I found out that I was in a size 9 jeans!! A size I haven't seen in years! Felt great and I have some nice pants for winter!! :wink:
  • shaynes14
    shaynes14 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I went to a second hand store to buy some clothes that I don't plan to stay in long.
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'd say go ahead and get a new pair or two. If you can find the styles that you already have in the stores, it might save you some effort. You already know you like them and can just get a smaller size. You've put in a lot of effort to lose this weight so you deserve to feel sexy. And once you have some intermediate jeans, get rid of the old ones. And never look back.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Yup, definitely hit some clearance racks or Goodwill for some transition clothes, try sticking to simple things like black pants or dark wash jeans that you can get away with wearing more than once in a week, no one will notice. You do not need new pants just because someone tells you that you do either! If she's so worried about it, she should give you a gift card to buy some clothes with!
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Borrow some from a friend...as well goodwill and thrift stores...;)
  • 707janette
    707janette Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    after loosing some weight I couldn't decide if I should buy some new pants yet or not. I decided to get 2 pair and WOW!! I felt so much more inspired to keep going on this weight loss journey. Having pants that fit really made me notice how much I had lost and I felt so much better about myself. Plus, others could see the results better and I got even more encouragement from friends and coworkers. I recommend you go ahead and get a few pair. I think, You'll be glad you did.
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    My recommendation is to visit local thrift shops (like value village, goodwill, salvation army) and buy a few pairs of pants. It takes a little bit of time to sift through all the not-so-awesome stuff, but the prices are SO worth it. Buy new clothes once you hit your goal! :)
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Buy them! A nice good fitting pair of jeans is very motivating!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I went to a second hand store to buy some clothes that I don't plan to stay in long.

me too!!
  • kloquinn
    Options
    Thanks all. :) Think I'm gonna head out shopping today, you've inspired me. :)
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Whoot Whoot! I am in a 14 now and will be borrowing or buying handmedowns till I reach my goal size 8!!! I started at a 18 pant XXL top on August 20th now I am in a size 14 pant and Large top!!! It's fantastic!!!;)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Definitely, go buy a pair of cheap black trousers - sale rail, goodwill, whatever. You'll get the use out of them (make sure they're easy wash/ dry) and feel better about how you look, wearing clothes that fit.