You can count calories in the Wii Fit!

I've seen several requests for calorie counts from Wii Fit exercises. I found a web site, but the catch is that it is in Japanese. Still if you are familiar with the layout of the exercises, you can figure it out. Start by hitting the big green buttom in the middle of the screen. You need to put in your weight in kilograms (just divide your weight by 2.2) and select the exercises you did and the level or length of time. It totals all your calories for your workout. The web site is http://wii.com/jp/mets/ The site was actually designed by Nintendo. I keep reading that an English version may be available "soon" but no one is defining soon. It might be too much of a pain to do it every time you use the Wii Fit, but it might give you a good rule of thumb for some of your exercises.

Replies

• I've seen several requests for calorie counts from Wii Fit exercises. I found a web site, but the catch is that it is in Japanese. Still if you are familiar with the layout of the exercises, you can figure it out. Start by hitting the big green buttom in the middle of the screen. You need to put in your weight in kilograms (just divide your weight by 2.2) and select the exercises you did and the level or length of time. It totals all your calories for your workout. The web site is http://wii.com/jp/mets/ The site was actually designed by Nintendo. I keep reading that an English version may be available "soon" but no one is defining soon. It might be too much of a pain to do it every time you use the Wii Fit, but it might give you a good rule of thumb for some of your exercises.
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Get a HRM. So much easier.
  • jk_raven
    jk_raven Posts: 44 Member
    Thank you. I'll definitely check it out.
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    :heart: Love it! Just used it. Thanks. I am burning more than I thought!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Oh my goodness...that kind of changes things for me. I had been basing my calories burned on general aerobics, strength training, and yoga, but Im burning a lot more calories than I realized. The big problem is that means I haven't been eating all my exercise calories!!! and I'm in danger of putting myself in starvation mode.

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. Hopefully they'll come up with an american version soon....it really shouldn't be that much work to convert it over.