I Need a HRM ... recommendations please?

Options
I now feel like people are laughing at my calories burned because I dont have a HRM ... lol... So Im getting one... recommendations please?

Replies

• jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Polar Ft 4 or 7

I have the 7 and love it. I got it from heartratemonitorsusa.com they had the best pricing I found
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i have polar f7 as well, it's quite addicting actually
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4. Perfect if you only want it to know calories burned.
  • springfan
    springfan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT60. Kinda pricey, but I really like the STAR training program that it has built into it. I follow the program it sets for me weekly.

4329776.png
  • leftymae5454
    Options
    Just got my polar ft4 this week and I love it so far!
  • NancyHukka
    Options
    What a timely question for me too as I'm pretty sure Santa (me) is planning to get one for me too. However, you've lost a lot already, why are people laughing. I say fantastic job!
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I have a POLAR FT40 and LOVE it!!!!

12117749.png
  • arianadudley
    Options
    I am curious, what is HRM?
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Polar Ft7. I've had mine for 2 years. The battery just now died. You can purchase the Flowlink too (about $60 dollars) and you can upload your workouts and compete in challenges with people all over the world. I rarely run into people from the US on there.
  • pixiesx3
    pixiesx3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    HRM = Heart Rate Monitor

Amazon.com actually had some good prices on the FT4 & FT7 with free shipping. Some pricing was even less than the other site mentioned.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I have the epulse2 & I love it. I'm allergic to metal aka a nickel allergy and it works great.

http://www.amazon.com/ePulse2-Strapless-Monitor-Calorie-Counter/dp/B003YDOO2K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322883068&sr=8-1
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I have a Timex myself. They are addictive for sure. I try to remember mine for anything that I am doing. Of I think it will burn cals I want with me. I spent like $100 bucks on mine. Tracks cals, Max HR, min HR, and AVG HR. Has Zone work outs, alarms for in the zone u want to work on and I am sure much more. I am looking at updating to a GPS System. If your interested in a used system PM me and I will get you some better info.
  • arianadudley
    Options
    Thanks.
  • omgzstef
    omgzstef Posts: 157
    Options
    I was looking for this! Thanks!
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    FT7 is what I got and I love it - ran with it first time tonight and its convenient - the FT4 is identical but I think the 10 workout limitation may be a hindrance if you plan to do intervals or a walk/run training regimen. I used up 3 workouts just from my short run (warm up walk, run, cool down walk) so if I ever start interval training or doing LONG run/walks (20+ miles) the 99 workouts on the FT7 will be a great help. A nice feature of the FT4/FT7s is that you don't need to touch the watch to see your HR (though you do have to if you want to switch to calories burned or duration mode which stays set) - you just gotta bring the watch close to the strap and it even lights up and shows the screen you set it at.
  • Mkin
    Mkin Posts: 43
    Options
    Polar FT7!!!! Trust me it is AMAZING!!
  • brookelyn2030
    brookelyn2030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4. Perfect if you only want it to know calories burned.

I have the same.
  • mlh29
    mlh29 Posts: 40
    Options
    I went with the ft 60 .. looked at the ft7 and that is what I will get my wife.
    I used ebay.. through a reputa ble power seller as I had ebay gift cards.

I ended up getting the ft 60 for 97 shipped. amazon was like 140 ish

I see the ft 7 listed there for under 60 . It pays to shop around.
    The real world diff in price between the ft4 -ft7 is like 20 bucks go for the ft 7 it will be money well spent.