hockey fans - i need help

Options
i think i might get my boyfriend a hockey jersey for his christmas gift. he loves the tampa bay lightning, more specifically stamkos. i was wondering that if you were to get a jersey as a gift, would you rather have your favorite player's jersey or a customized one with your name/nickname?

also i'm slightly torn of getting him the blue premier jersey or the black ice jersey.

Replies

• seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Stamkos. Getting a jersey with your name on the back is kinda douchey, IMO.
  • thesmellofapples
    thesmellofapples Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Stamkos. Getting a jersey with your name on the back is kinda douchey, IMO.

hah i didn't know. don't want him looking like a DB
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm a DB...I always get my jersey with my name on it (or no name at all). As soon as the player is traded (or retires) that jersey becomes obsolete. I can't afford to keep buying current player jerseys so I stick with my name or no name at all. That goes for both hockey and football (I don't get jerseys for other sports just cuz). I'd also go with the ice jersey, personal preference...that may be the DB talking though :)
  • mjsmith1223
    Options
    Stamkos. I'm not a fan of blank jerseys or the ones with my own name. If the player moves/retires, then I have a memento of their time with the team.
  • xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have my favorite player's name =)
  • Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    Options
    I would get him a jersey with no name or number but offer to exchange for player he likes. As for the color do you know what one he like best? My husband is a Oiler fan and like the blue one better then the white. I like the white better myself. I know your boyfriend will just love it.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I would get a players name! You can get any player on the team I know if you customize it on the NHL website. Pretty cool
  • Aereon
    Aereon Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Definitely get his favorite player's name. Having a jersey with your own name on it is super lame haha
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    The only one I have is a 70's era Maple Leafs jersey. It doesn't have my name on it. It has Sittler on it!
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Definitely get Stamkos on the back --- nothing would be better than his name or a nickname.

I got my bf the best hockey gift ever for Christmas.... two tickets to Mats Sundin number retiring/raising game (bought them before they officially announced it, so it didn't cost me more than a months rent --- thank you Sundin for telling me)!
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I would get the players name... Football but.... I still wear my Rodney Harrison Pats jersey even though he retired - I don't care, he's still my favorite, and I'll wear it till it falls apart.

I should have got my husband a hockey jersey instead of tickets - would have saved me a lot!! But then I wouldn't get to go either ;)