No more heartburn

Options
I just unpacked from an overnight trip, and realized I had not used the Tums. Not since I started counting a month ago. I think because of less stuffing myself, and no beef, and especially no bacon.
And lots more water?

I used to get acid reflux about twice a week. Especially on big breakfast weekends.

I am starting to like this.

Replies

• Nevada
    Nevada Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just unpacked from an overnight trip, and realized I had not used the Tums. Not since I started counting a month ago. I think because of less stuffing myself, and no beef, and especially no bacon.
    And lots more water?

I used to get acid reflux about twice a week. Especially on big breakfast weekends.

I am starting to like this.
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    its amazing to me how well our bodies respond to eating healthy. we have been so brainwashed by the marketing that food companies do. for a great meal plan check out crosscrunch.com

i have been watching the biggest loser program and health issues like asthsma and high blood pressure, diabetes all go away with weight loss.
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I used to have to keep pepcid on hand and could guarantee I'd get heartburn at least once every day-two days. It was becoming incredibly frustrating. Since I've been on my workout plan and on Nutrisystem, I can't remember that last time I had heartburn or reflux. It's amazing what a little workout and the right foods can do for you!
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My acid reflux is why I'm here. I have to have an operation to correct my esophagus. Losing weight is a must for me.It's a good thing your taking care of yourself now. Acid reflux is no fun and leads to much worse things. If you have acid reflux for any length of time I recommend asking your doctor about what damage may be there already.
  • nbuehrmann
    nbuehrmann Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Same here, I have acid reflux disease too, but I find eating healthy especially cutting down in greasy foods and eating much more veggies (plus water) I don't need tums, medication ... nothing. Its great.