Insanity and P90x

Options
I started insanity 1 week ago and I'm feeling sore in my legs. Insanity is great for fitness and fat burn but I want to train my upper body also. I first thought of doing insanity then p90x but that's 5 months in total , so I decided to take the upper body workouts from p90x and add them to my insanity schedule - I already work my lower body doing insanity - . I'm going to keep going with my insanity schedule as it is without any change and do the p90x workouts at night. I've also read that increasing your muscle mass helps you burn more fat.

it will be more like this :-
Sunday : Chest & Back + Ab Ripper X
Monday : off
Tuesday : Shoulders & Arms + Ab Ripper X
Wednesday:off
Thursday : Back & Biceps + Ab Ripper X
Friday : Chest , Shoulders & Triceps
Saturday : off

Do you think if I commit to that + the regular Insanity schedule I'll have better results after 2 months ? Please tell me your suggestions or any advice.

Replies

• hgromero
    Options
    hey men im doing the p90x/insanity hybrid i will recomend doing the 3 lift days from p90x the other 3 days you do insanity and the last day take it off or do the x stretch o cardio recovery. If you do 2 lift days in a row you will burn out. also i reccomend you to pre order p90x2 im waiting for mine
  • Marwanyne
    Options
    hey men im doing the p90x/insanity hybrid i will recomend doing the 3 lift days from p90x the other 3 days you do insanity and the last day take it off or do the x stretch o cardio recovery. If you do 2 lift days in a row you will burn out. also i reccomend you to pre order p90x2 im waiting for mine

I just got Insanity and P90x I don't think I can afford P90x2 atm :p , Well I want to increase my fitness level so I want to stick to Insanity's schedule as it is , do you think I should i should only lift every other day ? 3 times a week ?
  • AbbyMRiley
    Options
    I'm on my 3rd Round of P90X. YES, you will have results!!!! But, I have found, change is 80% nutrition/clean eating, 20% exercise. If your nutrition is in check I couldn't imagine that you wouldn't see less than great results with insanity and P90X. Make sure you are eating enough. Those are both intense programs. :) Are you following the food guide or at least the portion ratio for fat/carbs/protein?
  • Marwanyne
    Options
    I'm on my 3rd Round of P90X. YES, you will have results!!!! But, I have found, change is 80% nutrition/clean eating, 20% exercise. If your nutrition is in check I couldn't imagine that you wouldn't see less than great results with insanity and P90X. Make sure you are eating enough. Those are both intense programs. :) Are you following the food guide or at least the portion ratio for fat/carbs/protein?

I'm not really following the nutrition guide cause most of the food in it isn't available where I live , I'm doing something like though , following the same perspective - calculated my calorie needs and eating 500 calories less than it and I eat 6 small meals a day - so yes I guess I'm kinda following it.
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You don't need to follow the nutrition guide as written in P90X, but I'm sure they have "clean eating" food where you live. I agree with Abby, eating is the biggest part of it (proper rest is also essential). I too incorporated Insanity into my round of P90X. I start week 13, rest week on Monday and I will have completed my first round. I am down 25 lbs and the inches lost were insane. Good luck with your program... keep pressing PLAY!
  • Marwanyne
    Options
    You don't need to follow the nutrition guide as written in P90X, but I'm sure they have "clean eating" food where you live. I agree with Abby, eating is the biggest part of it (proper rest is also essential). I too incorporated Insanity into my round of P90X. I start week 13, rest week on Monday and I will have completed my first round. I am down 25 lbs and the inches lost were insane. Good luck with your program... keep pressing PLAY!

Thanks for the advice , I'll certainly follow it.
    Wow these are some amazing results , keep going on :)
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    See how you go but I think working your upper body 4x per week is too much. I know that when I do the chest one, which is predominantly pushups, then I can't move for 2 days!! lol

I think a proper lifting routine would be, upper body, rest or cardio, lower body, rest or cardio, upper body, rest or cardio, rest! - so 3x per week lifting, 3x per week cardio, total rest on day 7. You need to rest the muscle for it to repair and grow! But like I say, listen to your body, eat well, rest well and you should be fine.

Orrrrrrrr find a insanity/p90x hybrid online! :wink:

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    http://www.extremely-fit.com/fitness-tips/2010/11/p90x-insanity-hybrid/

^^ That's a nicely laid out hybrid plan for Insanity & P90X ^^
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    My Phase One hybrid:

Monday: P90x Chest and back
    Tuesday: Insanity Cardio Circuit
    Wednesday: P90x Shoulders and Arms
    Thursday: Insanity Pure Cardio
    Friday: P90x Legs and Back
    Saturday: Insanity Cardio Power and resistance
    Sunday: Rest
  • Josee76
    Options
    http://www.extremely-fit.com/fitness-tips/2010/11/p90x-insanity-hybrid/

^^ That's a nicely laid out hybrid plan for Insanity & P90X ^^

Thanks for this! I added Insanity to my P90X routine not realizing they had a laid out plan. I will definitely keep this one in mind for my next round!
  • Josee76
    Options
    My Phase One hybrid:

Monday: P90x Chest and back
    Tuesday: Insanity Cardio Circuit
    Wednesday: P90x Shoulders and Arms
    Thursday: Insanity Pure Cardio
    Friday: P90x Legs and Back
    Saturday: Insanity Cardio Power and resistance
    Sunday: Rest

^^ This is exactly what I did and got great results! :)