Need to get off this elevator.

Options
Hi, I am starting MFP for the second time around I didn't take it to seriously the first time around.Only on for a couple months. But I need to stop going up and down on my weight. I know how to eat right I dropped 60 pounds 2 years ago and ran a half marathon but as soon as I hit that goal I just shut down couldn't keep motivated and gained all the way back. I want to lose 100 lbs. and would like to have friends to keep me motivated and keep it off this time. So any help will be appreciated.

Replies

• jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I think we might be trapped on the same elevator?!
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    I have been there and done that. If you are looking for a friend and motivator I would be glad to help. If not I wish you nothing but success in your MFP journey!

Don
  • MaryBachert
    MaryBachert Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I know that same elevator is the one I am on, but find my biggest problem is not completing my journal!
  • grannisue
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from. You lose the weight and I think our ego's get the best of us. At least for me ~ hey, I look great, everyone is telling me how terrific I look (even skinny), I am doing things I couldn't do before. So I quit tracking, weighing, exercising and slipping back into the old habits. The worse part is when the weight came back they brought some friends. LOL.

You can do this. I will admit this is a hard time of the year but a year from now you will be so glad you didn't put it off longer. I started this time last year. I am down 39 lbs. I could have done better but I would probably be on the up side that much if I didn't just jump in and do it. I want to lose over the holidays, I know it can be done by making right choices and just taking a bite or two of others things I really want. Good luck YOU WILL DO THIS!
  • khotch1
    khotch1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have ridden that elevator as well!

Add me at will.
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    ug. I;'m on the way back down myself. Stay strong!!
  • emmamcblain
    Options
    Whatever elevator you were on, I'm on the same. :')
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that, I don't know how many times. Now I have been on the way down for about 4 years now, only lost 37 lbs. I have been on MFP Since July and do everything right as far as I am concerned and have lost 5 put 3 on, blah!! add me as a friend.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome back to mfp, you can totally do this! Feel free to add me for extra support.
  • hozoga
    Options
    I supplement with GNC Amplified Whey Protein powder (1 scoop), eat 5-6 meals small meals a day, watch the carbs, eat berries or low fat fruits, eat lots of eggs, and measure and record everything. I just started myfitnesspal and have lost 5 lbs since tuesday.
  • dsnoey
    dsnoey Posts: 23
    Options
    Agreed. Just found this site and love it, but my dr. said I need to lose a few (<10) pounds. Mostly, though I want to be more consistent on healthy eating...
  • Cyprean
    Options
    I supplement with GNC Amplified Whey Protein powder (1 scoop), eat 5-6 meals small meals a day, watch the carbs, eat berries or low fat fruits, eat lots of eggs, and measure and record everything. I just started myfitnesspal and have lost 5 lbs since tuesday.

Good for you, and I don't mean to sound undermining, but for your sake isn't 5lb in a week a bit excessive? Particularly since you look fine in your picture. I thought 2 was the recommended maximum.