If you completed px90 or insanity......

Options
I'm trying to decide which one to buy and I know a lot of people combine them, but I can't afford both. If you have completed either program, could you just tell me how much weight/ inches you lost? Also, anything else about the program that you really liked? Thanks!!

12867208.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• angbieb
    angbieb Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Or any type of program like these that I haven't heard of. :smile:

12867208.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i have been using jillian michaels dvds and just bought insanity. haven't tried it yet. p90x seemed a little above my abiliites since i just started really working out this past year. i started with jillian michaels 30 day shred, then ripped in 30, then 6 week 6 pack. i will be doing killer buns and thighs next and then insanity in january. i am working my way up to the harder program (insanity) because i know it would have been above my exercise abilities starting out.
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    what are your goals for fitness? Are you looking for lean lean lean, or do you want some muscle mass. P90x has much more strength training.
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I am just entering week 13 of P90X (last week and rest week). I did add some insanity workouts to my round. I lost 25 lbs so far and a total of 19.5 inches (Thats measurements from waist, hips, chest, quad and biceps). I will do my last measurements on December 12th. I am sure I have lost a couple more inches. Depending on your goals, both programs are quite different. Good luck with your journey!
  • Josee76
    Options
    i have been using jillian michaels dvds and just bought insanity. haven't tried it yet. p90x seemed a little above my abiliites since i just started really working out this past year. i started with jillian michaels 30 day shred, then ripped in 30, then 6 week 6 pack. i will be doing killer buns and thighs next and then insanity in january. i am working my way up to the harder program (insanity) because i know it would have been above my exercise abilities starting out.

If you can do Insanity workouts, you can certainly tackle P90X. You would be fine! :)
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I am on round 2 of insanity. my first round i went from 150lbs to 134 lbs. and my waste went from 32.5 inches to 29 inches. It toned up my entire body and my legs have never looked this good.
  • brikc
    brikc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you've ever had any back issues such as a herniated disc you might want to steer clear of Insanity. Its a great program for burning calories and improving cardio...no doubt. However, its very high impact!
  • sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Bump i would love to hear results from real people, not paid spokesmen!
  • sharned
    sharned Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have used P90X in the past and just restarted it last week. I really like it and would highly recommend it. You get great results if you're willing to both commit to the daily work outs AND follow the Nutritional Guide. The key to weight loss/fitness is 30% exercise & 70% what you eat...
  • Josee76
    Options
    I am on round 2 of insanity. my first round i went from 150lbs to 134 lbs. and my waste went from 32.5 inches to 29 inches. It toned up my entire body and my legs have never looked this good.

I love to hear this! I am doing a round of Insanity next! Good work! :)
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I have completed both. With P90X (that I did first) I lost about 5 inches off of my waist and hips. My weight only changed by 4 pounds. With Insanity, that I did next, I lost more inches and weight. I don't have the stats here but I can get them - inbox me if you are interested I am a Beachbody fan big time - the products got me in the best shape of my life! I have done a hybrid also of P90X and Insanity and then Insanity Asylum.
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    I have completed P90X 7 times, classic and doubles. (over about 4 years)

P90X and Insanity are different types of programs, with different approaches. Both can make great changes, but depends on what you like.

This link compares many things about each that may help you.

http://www.acefitness.org/certifiednewsarticle/1443/p90x-insanity-and-rushfit-a-side-by-side

Personally i am a fan on P90X over Insanity, for me.

P90X is more of a full body program, giving one cardio and Strength training. Both are very important. One does not want to loss weight only - as that can be fat, muscle, even bone tissue. I personally feel it is more well rounded program.

Generally you want to loss fat, while keeping , improving, or adding on to lean muscle you already have.

High impact cardio certainly has its place, but for me, I do not want ONLY high impact cardio. This can cause you to loss some of your lean muscle and strength, for me that is an issue. I would not do Insanity only for this reason, for my personal goals.

I have a good amount of lean muscle, which makes me tighter all over, and makes me look much leaner then scale weight suggests. I want to keep that.

I have an old knee and back and neck injuries, so for me, High impact cardio all the time, with lots of jumping, all the time - is not a good fit. So this also rules out insanity.

Insanity does require much less equipment. It is mostly cardion, high Intensity.

I have done other workouts with Shawn T, and we do not "click". So he is not my instructor of choice. I click bettter with Tony Horton of P90X. You can do it without the Insanity add on. Many people do. If you want more cardio, you can do the Doubles program with the DVDs. Or add on other cardio of your choice. (jogging, walking, Zumba, other classes, biking)

P90x requires at a minimum a pull up bar (I use an in door one from wallmart), a stool or chair, and resistance bands. But I personally have much better results, and satisfaction from use of dumbells. (you can easily start with a few small ones, 5, 10, 12, 15 - slowly add another pair as needed, or get a small set of plates, with dubell bars, and build sizes as needed, for about $40)

I do not use the P90X nutrition plan. Not doable for my family. BUT nutrition is important - both enough calories not to loss muscle or hamper muscle building, but low enough to loss fat. I also find having enough protein is very important, or I stop losing weight, and loss strength. We just make good foot choices, eating real food. I do add in vitamins, and protein shakes for me.

Results: I am 47 now, have lost about 60 total. And have very good muscle tone, no jiggles any where. Have lost lots of inches. I have dramatic improvement from pain related to my back and neck injuries, and my knee is MUCh more stable. Great flexibility, and almost can see my abs. I do have cut muscle definition on ab sides.

I am also at my goal weight, just focusing on lowering bodyfat, and a bit more definition now.

Last P90x round I lost about 20 lbs. If I have a good diet, with good protein levels, I always have excellent results with P90X.

If I let my diet slack - results are not as good.

I am not a Beachbody Coach.

Have also done Chalene Extreme, Hip Hop Abs, Julliean Micheals 30 Day Shred, Billy Blanks, Rushfit, and many others.

I personally always come back to P90X, always gives me the fastest and best results. I like the variety, I like the very fast results.

We have many many posts on here about Insanity and P90X - a search will pull up LOTS of posts with results, comments etc.
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I just finished p90x.....along with running and I have lost about 12 inches total and around 10lbs. And I am starting Insanity on the 1st!!!