just started drinking 8 cups of water aday so when will the

Options
i used to be pretty bad and only had maybe 2 cups of drink aday! now iv upped it to 5 cups of green tea and 3 cups of water and i feel like im pregnant all over again with the amount of times im peeing! does this calm down? will my body get used to it?

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on realising that tea counts! :drinker:

Remember though, that the food you eat also contains a lot of water, so if your pee is clear and you're going a lot, you may be getting more than you need. Any excess is just peed away, natures way of telling you you're drinking too much! :)
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    It subsided for me. I used to be like that, and when I started drinking more, I pee'd all the time!!! It has got better after about a month though!!!
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    Options
    i hope it takes quicker than a month :/
  • spottedlee
    Options
    First of all, congrats on realising that tea counts! :drinker:

Remember though, that the food you eat also contains a lot of water, so if your pee is clear and you're going a lot, you may be getting more than you need. Any excess is just peed away, natures way of telling you you're drinking too much! :)
    I agree,, that's why I gave up drinking 8 cups so I went back to 2 or 3 cups of water a day. I was peeing every 30 minutes it seems and waking up 3 or 4 times a night... so I decided 8 cups was wayyyy too much.

I went back to 2 or 3 cups after 6 or 7 weeks of 8 cups of water.
  • AmandaR321
    AmandaR321 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It took a few weeks for my body to adjust (nonpregnant). Now I actually AM 6.5 months pregnant and drinking 16 8oz glasses of water a day. I seriously pee like 40 times a day lol.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

But don't be alarmed, her case is not a normal one. There are plenty of healthy people who drink 8 glasses or more a day.
  • Alexabarocas
    Options
    For me it hasn't changed at all! I still pee like 50 times a day ahaha. But hey, it's good for you, so :3
  • cathyAprice
    Options
    when your pee is light yellow, you're drinking the adequate amounts of water...as someone previously posted, you CAN drink too much CHEERS TO YOUR HEALTH!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    For me it hasn't changed at all! I still pee like 50 times a day ahaha. But hey, it's good for you, so :3

Too much isn't good for you, it can be bad, and at the very least, it's just wasted. If you're going that much, then you're just wasting water, the water isn't doing anything, it's just going in one end and out the other.
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=eight-glasses-water-per-day

Take the above article as you like... I found it interesting. I personally don't have a hard time drinking water because I drink when I am thirsty..... generally a good sign that you need some water (Unless you are overly thirsty all the time and then that could be a sign of a significant health problem)........ I guess, like everything else, now the amount of water needed has several schools of thought as well. :)