Water.

Options
So I'm trying to drink lots of water, But after I drink water I get really bloated and feel like I cant drink more. Is there a way to stop this??.

Replies

• Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Drink less water?

Seriously, listen to your body. If you are full don't force yourself to drink more. Try spacing out your intake.
  • ARMom8251
    Options
    I agree!!
  • LydiaT69
    Options
    Please be careful with your water intake; be mindfull that you already get water from some of the fruits, vegetatables , beverages (hot or cold) and soups. Some people has the tendency to retain fluids so if your feeling uneasy when you drink water, you should limit the amount to where you feel comfortable. I hope this helps.
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if I drink my water too fast I have this problem. Slow it down and sip throughout the day maybe.
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    The best way to stop this is to jump in the ocean and swim for 5 miles, everytime you feel like that.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Please be careful with your water intake; be mindfull that you already get water from some of the fruits, vegetatables , beverages (hot or cold) and soups.

You really cant count those towards your water intake, sorry.

Space out when you drink your water. Don't drink 4 glasses in a row. You have from when you get up in the morning, until you go to bed to get in 8 glasses of water. Also if your getting too much sodium, it could be causing you to retain it.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Please be careful with your water intake; be mindfull that you already get water from some of the fruits, vegetatables , beverages (hot or cold) and soups.

Space out when you drink your water. Don't drink 4 glasses in a row. You have from when you get up in the morning, until you go to bed to get in 8 glasses of water. Also if your getting too much sodium, it could be causing you to retain it.

That all depends on whom you ask... According to my doctor, water in foods DOES count.
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    How much water are you drinking? It is possible to overdose on water, however most people are far below their recommended water intake. I wrote a blog on recommended water intake a few days ago: http://www.fitnessbender.com/2011/11/lady-lump-workout-fitness-bender.html (The intro has stats about how much water you should be having, etc). I got most of my information from the Mayo Clinic.

If you have a high sodium intake your body can hold onto water more than normal. Also, if you don't get enough water your body actually holds on to extra water (I know it sounds backwards).

With that in mind don't make yourself sick on water. As others recommended you can try spacing it out throughout the day.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I drink alot of water every day. I just space it out throughout the day. I keep a bottle of water on my desk at work and fill it up a couple of times a day. Drinking too much water too close together can be fatal. But, I don't think many people actually try to get all of their water intake at one time.

I also try to drink it as cold as possible. I have read that it speeds up your metabolism. I seems to work for me.

Wishing you the best. :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

EVERYTHING counts as water, at least according to the human body, and the scientists and doctors that actually study this stuff. In fact, the guy who first put forth the suggestion for "8 cups of water a day" stated it, in a book that it should be the equivalent of 8 cups a day from ALL sources, food, water, tea, coffee, beer, juice, milk, etc.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options

That all depends on whom you ask... According to my doctor, water in foods DOES count.

I agree. It's my understanding that the 8 glasses of water is in addition to the water that we already get in food. The only beverages I drink are cold water or hot decaf tea, and I count both as my water intake, but nothing else.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

I agree. It's my understanding that the 8 glasses of water is in addition to the water that we already get in food. The only beverages I drink are cold water or hot decaf tea, and I count both as my water intake, but nothing else.
    And where did you get your understanding? Sorry but you're wrong. Water is water. You don't need to force ridiculous amounts.
  • MaryStregger
    MaryStregger Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you are already doing this but I found that I have to drink through a straw. I know that might sound hokey, but it reduces the amount of air that I am swallowing and I find that I can drink a lot more comfortably. I purchased a water bottle that has a built in straw and I keep it filled, sipping from it throughout the day.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Personally, if I don't drink enough just plain water, I feel different. My digestive system requires a lot of water to work properly, and if I don't have enough water and fiber, things get a little slow.

Drinking pop, coffee, tea, or eating watery foods doesn't seem to be a good substitute for me. I'm not sure why, since most of what I drink is mostly water, but just plain water does things for me that other liquids can't.

I find myself chugging water at work. The filter there just makes it taste really good at the right temperature. I drink 2-3 quarts during the day, and I pee every hour because of it.

I only seem to get bloated when I have hormonal issues or when I eat too much salty food.

How is your sodium intake?
  • nerdieprofessor
    nerdieprofessor Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Sip water through out the day. I take three bottles (large ones I use on the bike) to work every day and drink from them all day.

Don't just drink a whole big bottle of water in a couple of minutes. Spread it out.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    You need to make sure you are actually drinking a cup. Measure it out. Because I have some cups that equal for 8 ounce cups. It makes it easier to drink it.
  • MaryAnn678
    MaryAnn678 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My husband drinks water all day long, the doctor told him to start drinking other drinks along with the water because he was flushing all the electrolytes out of his system. Pay attention to what your body needs, too much of anything is not always good.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you are already doing this but I found that I have to drink through a straw. I know that might sound hokey, but it reduces the amount of air that I am swallowing and I find that I can drink a lot more comfortably. I purchased a water bottle that has a built in straw and I keep it filled, sipping from it throughout the day.

This helps me a lot too. My favorite water bottles all have straws.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Straws generally make you swallow a lot more air. Great if it works for you, but I don't see it working for many people.
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=eight-glasses-water-per-day

I just posted this link for another water intake post...... take it as you like.... its not gospel and there seems to be split ideas on the amount of water we need, but I found this interesting. If you are thirsty.... drink! If not I'm sure you are consuming water in another form. Keep an eye on your output.... color and amount are important..... and good indicators of if you are taking in enough water :)