Hi! I'm Katy and ready to change my life!

Options
I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself as I start a new and permanent chapter in my life! I gained around 50 pounds when I got pregnant and now my son is 15 months old and I only weigh 7 pounds less than I did at my 6 week check up! I am very into healthy and organic food but portion sizes and treats are totally ruining me! I live 30 seconds from a lake that has a great walking and biking path and want to take full advantage of it this summer.

I am 22, 5'9 and weigh 208 pounds! My goal is to be around 145-150 but I just want to take care of myself! I am in school to be a juvenile probation officer and don't want to be overweight! I just hope to meet some new people and make some friends!

Replies

• katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself as I start a new and permanent chapter in my life! I gained around 50 pounds when I got pregnant and now my son is 15 months old and I only weigh 7 pounds less than I did at my 6 week check up! I am very into healthy and organic food but portion sizes and treats are totally ruining me! I live 30 seconds from a lake that has a great walking and biking path and want to take full advantage of it this summer.

I am 22, 5'9 and weigh 208 pounds! My goal is to be around 145-150 but I just want to take care of myself! I am in school to be a juvenile probation officer and don't want to be overweight! I just hope to meet some new people and make some friends!
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    Hi. I'm new too. Your build sounds similar to mine and I want to be around 160ish, so it looks like we are on the same path. Good luck to you.
  • TANKENEY32
    TANKENEY32 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    WELCOME.. YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE.. THE VIBE AND PEOPLE R GREAT... GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR JOURNEY!! HUGS, TONYA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hi Katy
    Welcome to MFP. there is so much help, support, and inspiration here.

It helps me to plan my meals the night before and then stick to the plan. I weigh and measure all my food so I can control portion sizes.

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Work hard at this
    you can do it. :bigsmile:
  • RXchic
    RXchic Posts: 47
    Options
    Welcome to this site! :flowerforyou: I find it very user friendly.
    Good luck on your weight loss journey & congrads on the baby :happy:
  • angyltears
    Options
    Welcome!! You're so lucky to have that lake so close, it will be great in the summer... I'm wondering if you're doing online classes or actually going to the school? My school has a gym, and I take a pe class each quarter... makes it harder to slack off on the exercise when it's in your schedule, plus then you have access to all the machines that they usually have :happy:
    I went to target and got little kid's trays for my food, keeps everything seperated but also keeps me from dishing out too much since the little squares fit just the right amount of what I should actually be eating!

Good luck, you're going to find this site really helpful!
  • mzrichee
    mzrichee Posts: 1
    Options
    hi. i'm new here too! this site's great for tracking food/calories. i'm really hoping to utilize it more often. so let's all do this together! really, i just want to eat healthier, lose those last few pounds, tone up and just be healthy and fit as can be. best wishes to all of us, you can say! good luck. :)
  • JohnAB
    JohnAB Posts: 19
    Options
    Hey Katy, just want to say HI and welcome, i started this site on March 16 of this year, and so far its been a month and a half and i have lost over 23 pound, and still going.
    This site is amazing!
    and trust me, stick to the plan and you will lose weight.
    Here are some tips
    Cut on soda (i cut down soda 100% cold turkey)
    i used to drink about 400Calories worth of soda a day 7 days a week, that comes out to 2800 Calories, plus i used to drink about 1500Calories worth of energy drinks a week, cutting that was the hardest. together your cutting over 2 pounds of Calorie weight in one week.

stay within your calorie limit, and work out when you can. working out will give you an extra boost, but not working out and staying within your limit of calories will help also.

good luck
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This is the best website ever. I love it here and I think you will too. This website is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: