Top Five in Pittsburgh

13»

Replies

• jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    NO SENSE OF FUN OR ADVENTURE! i LOVE THE WAY PEOPLE REACT TO THE GREASE SEEPING THROUGH THE CARDBOARD... LULUVLUV
    Fat Head's rules all.

The best pizza in town is DiSalla's in Munhall. It's all about the sauce. Their sauce has a little bit of a spicy kick to it. Not "set your face on fire" spicy, but just flavorful spicy. Great stuff.

And for the life of me, I don't get the appeal of Vincent's, Aiello's or Mineo's. They're all very ordinary to me, and Vincent's is just plain bland.

I think Vincent's sucks. It's all grease. I ordered from there once. There was a pile of grease on the top of it and it actually seeped through the paper and stained the seat on my car.

Plus, Vinny is gross to look at. I don't want him touching my food lol
    [/quote]
  • jerber160
    FAJITA GRILL IN SHADYSIDE
    Still looking for the best mexican in the area. This is definately a type of food that is not in abundance in Pittsburgh, especially not Mom and Pop style mexican. If anybody knows of any, please share.

It's not a Mom and Pop place--in fact, it's a Pennsylvania chain--but I love Mad Mex. I can't stand when I'm in Philly though and they call it "Mad 4 Mex." That's a cactus, not a number four. Jesus.
    -wtk
    [/quote]
  • asmodeon
    asmodeon Posts: 5 Member
    Fajita grill in Shadyside? Cool, I will have to take Elizabee there since she won't shut up about wanting Mexican... :) Love you honey!
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Oh no, this might not be good to hear since I may be moving out there in a couple of months! :laugh:
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,069 Member
    We were driving outbound in the Liberty Tunnels trying to decide where to stop and eat. I hate gyros on the brain since they suggested I grab one in Oakland after we left the Cathedral of Learning. I didn't grab one there because I just wanted to get out of Oakland. Anyway, as we were exiting the tunnels my wife suggested Fiori's. We are rarely near there when we are looking to eat, so it was a no brainer for us to stop. I indulged and enjoyed 5 slices. I don't recall the last time I had more than 3 slices during one meal. Definitely worth it!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 929 Member
    the only non-chain Mexican place I've been to is Mendoza Express. There are 2 locations that I know of: Greentree and Bethel Park. I've been to both, but the last time I thought it wasn't as good as it used to be.
  • jerber160
    Primanti's tops any list of course. Big Jims is a great second! someone mentioned Vincent's .. did I hear he recently passed? I used to LOVE his pizzas, but haven't had one in probably 20 years. what a fun topic

Yeah, Vincent passed away a few years ago. :sad: The pizza is still scrumptious but not *quite* as good as when he made it!
    [probably 'cos ashes from his cigarette aren't dropping into the mix]
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    You are a real. Hoot! !!!!
    As a Pgh.gal. new to all this, I amVERY glad that i. Have
    Not been to any of your salivating mentioned places,
    Therefore,don't know what....
    I was. In a happy place,until someone mentioed
    BIG JIMS......DARE I read on?
    Thank s for the humor & SUPRISE TO SEE SO MANY
    NEIGHBORS HERE.LUCK TO EVERYONE TONIGHT!!!