Bite Size Food - My personal enemy!!

Options
I have to say one thing I really love about this calorie counter, is that it's bringing to light how ignorant I've been in terms of the effects of simply snacking! Over the years I've developed a bad habit of snacking on little things here and there, and writing them off in my mind... but they count! Literally! It really helps to add them up and be made aware, because the small satisfaction that comes from having a bite of this or a bite of that, really isn't worth the longer term feelings of guilt or disastifaction with my health and body.

Replies

• jtod
    jtod Posts: 19
    Options
    I have to say one thing I really love about this calorie counter, is that it's bringing to light how ignorant I've been in terms of the effects of simply snacking! Over the years I've developed a bad habit of snacking on little things here and there, and writing them off in my mind... but they count! Literally! It really helps to add them up and be made aware, because the small satisfaction that comes from having a bite of this or a bite of that, really isn't worth the longer term feelings of guilt or disastifaction with my health and body.
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    I totally agree with you i would always snack on like chips and cheese cubes and their so little you dont even consider then but they are packed with cals and after counting your cals you realize how much you are actually putting into your body with just that little bite of potatoe chip or a cookie.
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I agree! I did weight watchers before this and that is one thing I always noticed, when I logged I lost, when I didn't I didn't lose! To easy to lie to ourselves. Plus I find that if I know that I am going to have to fess up to something in my food log it is alot easier to avoid the temptation.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Sooooo true! Having to log everything I put into my mouth sure makes it easier to make better choices!!! I feel accountable to this website and it's working for me!!! I used to always pour a bowl of whatever for my kids and just have one or two....or I'd finish their leftovers; not taking into account that it all adds up....................100lbs later, I'm here! Oh well, we all have to start somewhere! I'm just glad that I've made this change to my lifesyle, if I need a snack I have one, a whole one and a satisfying one!!!
  • jtod
    jtod Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks for the responses!!

Another "bite-size enemy" is the temptation to snack on whatever it is your cooking, especially when cooking for other people! If I'm grating cheese, I'm picking from the pile.... I pick at everything I cook, or at least I used to. I actually used to find that I was pretty much full by the time the food was ready for everyone! Now that I'm accountable to this site though, i'm ready to kick that bad habit (that i didn't even used to realize was a bad habit by the way)!