Workouts at home

Options
I need ideas on how i can get in good workouts at home for a few weeks. I have a gym membership at my school but during December I only have a few exams and other than those I won't be making the trip there (it's in a different city and takes ~40 mins to get there). I don't really want to pay for any videos or anything because it will only be until January. I just don't want to lose the progress I made over the last couple of months because I can't work out. I know I need to eat well and I do, but with the holidays I know there will be days I indulge so I'd like to keep up with the workouts just to balance that. Ideas?

Replies

• shortchick88
    shortchick88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It costs about $10 and it's a 20 minute workout that will make you feel like you've been at it for hours!
  • classyhoney
    classyhoney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    http://startnew-habits.tumblr.com/workout

This link has several free online workouts online such as Turbo Jam, P90X, Insanity, Zumba, etc. You can workout for free from your computer.
  • classyhoney
    classyhoney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If you go to Walmart in their fitness section they have several DVDs for $10 like Jilian Michaels and Biggest Loser.
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    I have a blog where I film all of my workouts and share the breakdown of reps for free. It's just a way for me to track my fitness journey, and keep teaching fitness while I am in school. It has youtube videos of everything I do.

www.fitnessbender.com

It's all home workouts, because I believe everyone should be able to work out and stay fit for free. I don't have the time to spend going back and forth to the gym.
  • SheRa1964
    Options
    Thanks Classy Honey checking out the 30 day shred right now. I'm going to watch a few to see what I want to try tomorrow. Fun! Free is EXCELLENT!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

This link has several free online workouts online such as Turbo Jam, P90X, Insanity, Zumba, etc. You can workout for free from your computer.

Thanks!!!!!
  • carrie564
    carrie564 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to buy anything, libraries usually have a ton of stuff. You can do Jari Love DVDs to get an AWESOME strength training workout (about 50 min. long) & you only need some simple weights (If you have some 4-8lb weights available).

Netflix also has a bunch of workout videos on instant streaming, if the house you're going to has Netflix... :)

There are also lots of things on YouTube (like people who taped zumba classes), and a cool site called BODYROCK.tv with free INTENSE workouts.

There are NO excuses! :)
  • Jexebel
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. I actually just went on Amazon and bought the 30 day shred for 10 bucks. Can't go wrong for only 10 bucks right? Gonna start Monday, will let y'all know how it goes!
  • kegonzales
    Options
    you will need hand weights but it a great video. Feels like i'm getting my butt kicked every time.
  • tethomas73
    tethomas73 Posts: 249 Member
    Options

Thank you that is a really good site!!!:smile:
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    bump good info!
  • kendraleigh88
    Options
    *Bump*
    Awesome links!
  • LivLostInStereo
    LivLostInStereo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Seriously, you just made my day. :)
  • what_lola_wants
    what_lola_wants Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Woot Woot.. Awesome links !
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options

This is illegal and immoral. These companies will go out of business if everybody does this. It's no different to stealing.
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Thanks for great links.