Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Competition with my husband

Hi, my husband and are both on a diet competition. I started the 17 day diet 10 days ago, lasted 6 days on it and then switched to my husbands diet that he found on his phone app. I stay 1200 hundred calories per day and he does 1600. We have both lost 8 pounds, me in 10 days, him in 8. We walk every night as fast as we can go tracking our steps with my husbands iphone pedometer. It works really cool. We drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. It helps us both doing it together. Tracking our food makes it so much easier to stay in your target weight. I want to loose 39 more pounds, my husband wants to loose 55 more.

Replies

• that is really cool when your husband is working hard with you dieting, makes it so much easier!!!!
  • Absolutely great for you both to do this together. My wife and I are doing the same. Want to wish you both much success, together!! If you would like please add me as your friend, would love keeping in touch for encouragemenrt too.

By the way, what is the diet you two are on? Would love to know what type and see if it is something we might use as well....

Take care,

Rob
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    My husband and I have been changing our lifestyles together but he refuses to work out with me. He won't even let me be in the room when he exercises :( I really wish he would because it would make me more motivated to exercise. He does however help me stay on track with eating right because he eats what I fix him and don't go back for seconds and helps me think of healthy options so it is a big help. Good luck with your goals.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    My husband and I did the same thing. We walked together, did strength training together, and he even tried hip hop abs with me, lol. He lost 57 lbs and I'm at 55 lost, but now that he only has about 15 to go, he's moved on to Insanity while I'm Zumba'ing the last 45 off my frame along with strength training.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    My wife and I are doing it together and it definately helps, we started Jan 2011, Almost down 300 lbs together. It's not really a competition though, we just support each other. It works though cause she doesn't want to disappoint me and I don't wanna disappoint her. Good Luck to both of you.