How do I get thin arms?!?

Options
My arms are quite flabby ("bingo wings") but i'm scared to use weights etc incase they go all muscly
I just want them to be thin!
Any tips?

Replies

• Laurziemoo
    Options
    My arms are quite flabby ("bingo wings") but i'm scared to use weights etc incase they go all muscly
    I just want them to be thin!
    Any tips?
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Lose fat?

If you don't tone though you are still going to have the waves. Sorry!
  • MissesOfficer
    Options
    Using small weights and high reps will (I think) do the trick. On the aerobics tape I do, we only use water bottles but you do the exercise for a minute.. and believe me you can definitely feel it about half way though. And you would have to work pretty hard to get huge jacked up arms anyway lol....
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    I use 8 lb dumbells and do a variety of exercises with them. Women really have to work at bulking up. You won't become Arnold with 8 or 10 pound weights. Don't be afraid to do it. I love my new arms!
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I saw an exercise on the Oprah show once, you use light weights, she suggested soup cans. Bend over at the waist, then flex your arms holding the cans so that the arms extend past the horizontal angle of your body,up and behind you, this works on the "bingo arms" muscles and tones them up. If you are standing straight the weight works on the front of your arm, the biceps, not the target area. try it and see.
  • JCassedy
    JCassedy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had bye-bye arms in the worst way... and I gain muscle rather quickly, especially in my arms. I used Denise Austin's Shrink Your Female Fat Zones at first with 5 pound weights. Now I do that on top of doing push ups during my work out (about 10 every 6 minutes). Huge difference in my arms. Good luck!
  • Laurziemoo
    Options
    thank you :)
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    I had bye-bye arms in the worst way... and I gain muscle rather quickly, especially in my arms. I used Denise Austin's Shrink Your Female Fat Zones at first with 5 pound weights. Now I do that on top of doing push ups during my work out (about 10 every 6 minutes). Huge difference in my arms. Good luck!
    Oh yeah...push ups:embarassed: I also really like resistance bands.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    if you're referring to that hangy saggy skin around your tricep area, no amount of fat burning will rid you of it. Strength training helps because it builds muscle under the skin, giving your arms a fuller, toned, less saggy look. I had the same problem-- I do tricep dips, extensions and press downs, and bicep curls and hammercurls. I have definite muscle tone in my arms now and it's only been about 3 weeks since I started my routine. It's very difficult for women to really "bulk up" so I don't think there's any reason for you to fear getting "too muscular" from using weights.