I found great REPLACEMENT FOOD (:

Options
First...
My new best friend :) Nutella with skim milk and cocoa ! Yum, totally not a lot of calories because its 200 per serving which is 2 tbsp. Which who really uses 2 tbsp's !
Secondly...
Laughing cow, cheddar cheese (: 50 calories a wedge. Perfect on mini bagels :) only 120 calories, 170 cals together !
Lastly...
Oat Revolution, strawberries and cream oatmeal in little packets perfect serving size !! amaaazing!

Thought I would share because I like good tasting food, weight loss goals or not I won't starve myself or deprive or restrict myself.

Replies

• bexominglex
    bexominglex Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That's great! The foods I find yummiest are usually high in calories, but I have noticed that just changing from regular to low or non fat versions of the same food will save calories (obviously). Also, sugar free jello is low in calories.

I am still looking for a low-calorie "replacement" for pasta, or lower calorie pasta. Any ideas?
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I love oat revolution too! Try the bluberry muffin! super yum!
  • MissChelleBelle
    MissChelleBelle Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That's great! The foods I find yummiest are usually high in calories, but I have noticed that just changing from regular to low or non fat versions of the same food will save calories (obviously). Also, sugar free jello is low in calories.

I am still looking for a low-calorie "replacement" for pasta, or lower calorie pasta. Any ideas?

Swap out your spaghetti noodles for spaghetti squash, or your lasaga noodles for sliced zucchini. I came across a Zucchini Lasagna recipe this afternoon at:
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/zucchini-lasagna.html
    Using veggies instead of pasta saves a crazy amount of cals & carbs, and gives you the extra vitamins & minerals you need. Check out gluten free/Celiac web sites for more ideas of pasta replacements.

A new food I've come across over the past year & is now a staple in my diet, is non-fat Greek yogurt (plain). I eat it with frozen berries & oat bran (1 - 2 tbsp). It really fills me up for breakfast, and has less sugar, cals, & carbs than the yogurt with fruit in it already.
  • hatescows
    hatescows Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great idea with the zucchini. I LOVE zucchini, plus the fam loves lasagna. I make half for me and half (regular) for them. OR I use 2 pans.

My favorite replacement food is Special K crackers. They taste like wheat thins, but you get 24 for like 120 calories.
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options

When I get carb cravings (pasta), I'll get a spaghetti squash, halve it, put it in a baking dish withf 1" of water, and bake it for 45 min. Use a fork to pull out the "strings," and pour spaghetti sauce over, and voila! Pasta taste without pasta calories.