motivation

Options
My name is Alba I am body image obsessed, I'd like to be a size 8 which means I'd have to loose 5 kgs and through the week I can eat and exercise in a regularly and I enjoy it mostly. But when the weekend comes I binge usually doing 2 and a half days food in a day this stops me from loosing weight and messes with my head, self esteem, metabolism etc. If I could find a strong enough reason to give up the binge I'd nail this in 5 weeks, but not binging when I want to is the problem. If I could replace the behavior or If I could find another out let, but what would replace the pleasure of eating and drinking? What is my new motivation? Any help or discussion would be great Thanks for reading this stuff in my head
Alba

Replies

• Forme4real2
    Options
    I don't have much advise but I do understand. My husband works 12 hour days and it makes it easy for me to stay on track. But, when he has his 2 days off, it's really really hard not to binge. He is very thin and can eat whatever he wants and not gain. He thinks that at least 1 of the days he is home I should be allowed to binge and not worry so much about my weight (he's so sweet. thinks i'm perfect just the way I am). I see him eat the cookies, ice cream, philly chz steak subs (his fav) w/ chips, double chz burgers. All that tasty fatty foods and it makes it hard to not join in.

What I do is MAJOR portion control. I pay attention to the serving sizes and try to fit into that or if I know he wants meatloaf w/ mashed potatoes and gravey for dinner I eat a light lunch and then make the dinner as low fat as possible w/o working against what he is trying to do. (which of course is gain)
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    This is easy:)
    When you start eating without control, ask yoursef" Are you worth it?" Are you worth it to look good and feel good or not.??
    If you continuue to eat / drink in one day as for two and a half, you got your answer.

This is my motivation - because I worth it to look good regardless of my age or health , because if I don't do the best I can do for myself , than nobody will. Because I love myself and , this Christmas I want to be able to indulge goodies without thinking that I will have to lose weight after. Because this Christmas I want to look fabulous in my dress and feel good about myself.Because I worth it!:)
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing.. I eat find during the week, but then the weekend comes.. I get so bored. Not much going on. I'm working on it though. I'm trying to improve one weekend day.
  • Cathsaff
    Cathsaff Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I know where you're coming from! On the weekends, I will make a point of eating a really good, high protein, lower calorie, low fat breakfast and enter it into MFP right away. Then when lunch rolls around, again make sure I am having a lower calorie, low fat, high protein lunch - salads WITHOUT all the cheese and high fat ingredients or some other lunch item like that - and then enter it into MFP right away that way its on my mind when the evening rolls around. It gives me an idea of how many calories and fat I have for the rest of the day and evening. Plus, I feel pretty full because I've taken in a lot of protein. Since I usually am out or have friends over and we have drinks I've been sticking to white wine or skinny margaritas because they're yummy and staying far away from anything cheesy, because that is usually a downward spiral for me! Good luck!