longest unexpected walk taken?

Options
Here you are, just livin your life then, boom!

you're walking home.

whats the longest walk you've taken?

I'm only asking because before this thread I was some 15 to 20 miles away from home, I got about 5 miles left :l

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    one night in civic.... i had no money for a taxi so we walked home...
    18km/11miles
  • snakesandladders2
    snakesandladders2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Missed the last train home and walked 13 miles...it took a while! Hope the original poster made it home in the end!
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    12km through fields and forrest in the hours of early morning - it was beautiful though, as I watched the sun coming up - that's 7.46miles
  • Lollops
    Lollops Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I was once at a house party a few years ago and left at about 4am, but there were no buses so I decided to walk. I was still soooo drunk and had high platform sandals on >_< I didn't realise I was walking down a small motorway!

There was no path on the side I was on and (because I was drunk) I thought if I walk on the right lane, I'll see any cars coming, it wasn't until a car skimmed past me while beeping that I turned around and saw loads of cars coming towards me! They were all having to go in the left lane to get around me! Haha >_< I was so embarrassed!

Anyway, that was about 20 miles - my feet were so bloody by the end of it - I walked most of it bare foot because my shoes were too painful! <3
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    8 miles.. went out for a "short hike" got lost and eventually found a road and followed it back to our car. The 8 miles part was just what we walked on the road and doesn't include however far we wandered in the woods first!
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I got mugged in 2010. I don't own a car. I walk or take the bus everywhere. So, the day after I was mugged, I had to get to the bank in order to get a new debit card. I didn't have any money because my wallet had been stolen, and I was in no mood to argue with a bus driver about letting me ride free. It wasn't only about a mile walk, but, well, I live in Seattle, where EVERYTHING is on a hill, and I happen to live at the bottom of one. I made my boss drive me home from work, that night.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    19 miles!!
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    5 miles, at night , in the rain. It was unexpected becasue I was in HS and my mom forgot to get me from soccer practice...does it count that I had to carry my bag home as well? lol Other than that all walks have been planned.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I have walked for 8 hours or more.
    Usually when we visit a new city we just plan a walking route and keep going.
  • jeffhop75
    Options
    25 miles, in just over 5 hours
  • vegetarian218
    vegetarian218 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Not unexpected, but I used to Volksmarch in Germany so we would walk either 10km (6.2 miles) or 20km (12.4 miles). It's great exercise!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    one time i walked for like an hour straight, got pretty far!
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    We missed the bus so we walked 15km back to camp from town.