weight increasing

Options
Ever since last Friday, my weight has been increasing steadily. My diary is open so please take a look and critique it. The increase on the scale is VERY disheartening as I've gone up 2.6 lbs

Replies

• Andr1Kar
    Andr1Kar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It looks to me like your reaching your calorie goal, but actually not eating enough of the right things if that makes sense. Try to get in as many foods as possible that are low calorie and healthy instead of just a few high calorie items. If your body isn't happy with the food you are choosing to put in it, it will rebel and go into starvation mode even though you are reaching the calories. I'm no expert, but maybe your body is doing that and trying to tell you to change your foods up a little bit. You can get so much food in with the calorie number you have. Mix it up!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    You dont eat enough.
    Untill you get that metabolism revved up you shouldnt drop calories down so low.
    MFP doesnt have all your vital stats so it sets most people up for 1200-1300 calories.
    In truth if you eat at a calorie deficit that is below your Basal Rate (BMR) your body will eventually shut down that metabolism to a point where it will start storing energy in the form of fat cells.
    It why you see obese people who when asked they say "Oh I only eat once a day! I dont understand why i'm fat!"
    Do your calculations on http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/
    Do the military Body Fat Calculator first.
    Then the BMR calories calculator.
    Then eat what the BMR calc says to eat for 3 weeks.

Eat 5-6 small meals instead of 2 or 3.
    It keeps the digestive system running and incr the thermic effect and burns calories!

Also be sure to reset macros in MFP to reflect protein at 1g per lean body mass (found in the military BF calc)
    And set Fat to .45-.60g per LBM.
    Carbs will set itself.

Good luck and friend if you need help!
  • crazy4sio
    crazy4sio Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    wow, 41 lbs lost! that is amazing!! congrats to that. This is my first post on here, and I have been here about a week. from looking at your diary you are doing great with your calorie intake... im not sure if you are supposed to eat ALL your calories, or if a few hundred left over at the end of the day makes any difference... the only thing that stuck out to me is your carbs... it has been over for awhile at least over 50 carbs.... where a month ago it was more about 3 over.. maybe that is what is causing the weight gain. also if your working out, maybe it is muscle gain? good luck to you!! you are doing great!!!!
  • WeighAhead
    WeighAhead Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it is directly relevant to your question, but check out the benefits of a high protein breakfast.

http://ahha.org/BreakfastProtein-Hunger.htm
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    bump
  • poulingail
    Options
    You are too light in the protein and over in the carbs. As others may have said, up your protein. It satisfies you more and for a longer time. The carbs will often digest rather quickly.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    your just retaining water most likely. 2-6 lbs of gain on occation is normal. just eat less salt n lower your carb intake. somtimes if you do really vigorous exercise your muscle will retain water during recovery also.