Feeling sick??

Options
Today when working out I started to feel quite sick and queezy :huh: . I drank 1ltr of water but didn't eat because I didn't feel hungry beforehand and usually okay when I do this.

So... was I feeling sick because I hadn't eaten? or was it because I was working out to a good level?? or was it all the water consumption??/ :drinker:

On the other hand, I also feel I need to increase my Interval running and walking pace on the treadmill as I am finding the 6.0mph walking and 8.5mph running a tad easier now. :bigsmile:

Thanks xx

Replies

• IxLovexLink
    Options
    All of those things could of been a factor - I would of felt sick if I'd had a litre of water and then worked out but if it's usually okay for you then it probably isn't that :) unless you have the water with the food? Maybe having water on an empty stomach could of caused it? It might just be because you're working hard! My running trainer at track said as a joke once that if you're not sick after a race then you haven't tried hard enough :D
  • checa29
    Options
    I think you should go light on the water while doing exercise, that happened to me and the reason was because i had to much water before the exercise, in between the exercise i had to stop and everything came up. you didn't have any food in your body and only water. Even if your hungry just eat something light.
  • Beanie26
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. I tend to drink during exercise rather than beforehand, but may have a small snack before exercising and try to sip water so not as much intake during. Thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It's likely that you felt sick because you were working out HARD on a full stomach, even if it was just water. It happens to all of us at some point....and at another. Being a desert rat, I have learned that if I take all day to hydrate so that when I am out running, I don't have to 'water-up' right before my run or during.....I do much better. As you know, the less things you have to carry with you...the faster you will go and who doesn't want that!!?

Keep monitoring and if you are getting sick too often, maybe you should consult your physician.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    It could be anything! I have random days like that as well. And congrats! :)