What is going on with me? :(

Options
I have been feeling HORRIBLE for a few days. I stopped taking my diet pills when it started because I am unsure what the cause is.

I have been really nauseous, having dizzy spells, my stomach, chest and below my stomach hurts. I feel weak. I have a headache. My ears ring here and there. Blood pressure is ever so slightly elevated. I have been eating around 1,200 calories to try to make this feeling go away.

I am still spotting a little bit from my period. I've been on my period for a week. Heavy at first, light towards the end, eventually almost done now I think with some spotting.

For about a week, I have been under IMMENSE stress, too... I cried for days. I still feel very sad. I have felt next to zero happy feelings during that time.

I don't know what is wrong! :(

I have Implanon birth control in my arm, have had unprotected sex with my significant other of quite a few years many times and haven't got pregnant... but I hope I'm not pregnant.

Is this indigestion? What is this? It's scary because it really hurts.

Sorry to be a bother. I posted in this topic because it might have something to do with exercise and diet? I'm not sure. I do know that it's preventing me from doing the exercise and diet I was doing.

Replies

• dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Go see a doc.

It could be all related to stress. Stress can have physical symptoms if it gets bad enough.

But see a doc.
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Have you had the Implanon a long time? I haven't read up on that specific one, but sometimes, those types of things can have weird side effects.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    If I had to guess, I'd say the diet pills are the cause of your problems.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    You need to see a doctor.

I took the liberty of looking at your food diary and saw at least 1 day in the last week that you consumed only 300 something calories. And numerous days under 1200.... I don't know if that would cause your current symptoms, but it's not going to help you feel healthy and happy. Your brain and body need nutrients to function properly. Please get some help.
  • Lizchan
    Lizchan Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If I had to guess, I'd say the diet pills are the cause of your problems.

The diet pills actually made me happy the whole week I took them right. They made me able to exercise and such... then something stressed me out HORRIBLY. :( I stopped taking them 'cus it probably isn't good to take while stressed due to the possibility of heart problems arising.
    But I do appreciate your answer.
  • Lizchan
    Options
    You need to see a doctor.

I took the liberty of looking at your food diary and saw at least 1 day in the last week that you consumed only 300 something calories. And numerous days under 1200.... I don't know if that would cause your current symptoms, but it's not going to help you feel healthy and happy. Your brain and body need nutrients to function properly. Please get some help.

I'm trying. Going to therapy and stuff. It is painfully difficult to eat if I am depressed. It isn't my diet pill doing that. It was like that before I even got the pill.
  • Lizchan
    Options
    Have you had the Implanon a long time? I haven't read up on that specific one, but sometimes, those types of things can have weird side effects.
    [/quote

I've been on it for quite a while now. Haven't had any trouble out of it at all. It's been the only method of birth control that does what I need it to do... and that is to stop me from bleeding for over a month at a time without making me gain more weight.

It's almost as if it isn't there. I am not sure if everyone does this well on it or not.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I hate to agree but I really, really, really, you should get yourself to a doctor. For many women who think they are suffering some sort of indigestion they are actually having a heart problem. Don't ignore your feelings.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I hate to agree but I really, really, really, you should get yourself to a doctor. For many women who think they are suffering some sort of indigestion they are actually having a heart problem. Don't ignore your feelings.

Well, she's only 20. I doubt it's a heart condition. But anything is possible.

LIZ: You need medical advice. The people on here are not qualified to give that. Sorry you are feeling so bad. That really sucks. You should call your doctor asap. :frown:
  • dalgirly
    Options
    Definitely right.

Any form of belly pain --- you NEED to see a doc asap. I get cysts every few months -- and when I first started having them, I thought I was dying. I went to the ER and went in IMMEDIATELY due to my symptoms.

You need to go to a doc -- even if its a walk in clinic or emergency.

Could be stress induced (which sucks) but it could be something bad (like mentioned above, heart related).
  • dalgirly
    Options

LIZ: You need medical advice. The people on here are not qualified to give that. Sorry you are feeling so bad. That really sucks. You should call your doctor asap. :frown:

Heart problems are not overly uncommon in younger people. It could easily be something from birth that's just beginning to show (due to meds/age). (I work with kids with heart issues, you'd be shocked at how many teens have symptoms and they shrug them off because they are young - but they have a severe issue). No harm going to a doc.
  • jen2607
    jen2607 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I don't know anything about the type of birth control you are on .. but I do know that some diet pills can amplify the effects of anxiety or stress. You might not notice it at first, but then you find yourself huddling in a corner somewhere crying (I once found an old roommate doing this after reorganizing the entire house) . If what you are taking is an amphetamine, it is likely that it has caused some level of insomnia and increased anxiety. Your body can't function without a healthy level of calories and sleep, but you know all this . All I'm saying is it can make it to where even the daily stressors of life can be overwhelming. I completely understand about not being able to eat when depressed , with or without a pill. I lost 60 pounds in a matter of 2 months because I was too depressed to eat. That was 5 years ago, and guess what? I gained it all back, plus way more... so here I am.

I agree with everyone, find a doctor you can really talk to about everything that is going on. The important thing is that they are understanding and supportive so that you feel comfortable opening up to and trusting them. I'm not judging you for taking a pill to help with energy or appetite control, just make sure you keep it monitored by a doctor. Do what you need to do to take care of yourself. Best wishes.
  • Lizchan
    Options
    I am taking the pill under a doctor's care. I go in even once or twice a week because I worry so much about it. I would have NEVER taken a diet pill if I were losing weight the natural way like I wanted to do so bad, so bad that I waited well over a year before actually taking the diet pill.

I will go to a doctor on Monday and I haven't taken the pill while sick. I won't touch it until I'm better. I thought I could take it again tomorrow, but on second thought, I won't because I won't be able to handle it.

My heart... it is fine. Looks great on EKG and ultrasounds done on it. I had both done because I was TERRIFIED of starting the pill. I am always funny about any medication, even pain relievers. They just don't seem "natural" to me and I don't do it unless there really is a need for me to do it.

Also, thank everyone for your answers. I know there isn't likely to be a doctor roaming around on MFP, but I guess maybe some comfort from hearing about someone who has experienced such before would help calm me down is all...

I have been having a REALLY difficult time with EVERYTHING lately. It's like everything bad just came crashing down on me at one time. I don't really want to talk about it. But I think it has even been hurting me physically. I was suicidal all last week. I didn't do it, obviously. I am here. I went to a bunch of new therapists to pick a good one to go to from now on because I can't really do that if there is someone who is in need of me in some way. That makes me feel obligated to stay whether I want to or not.

Again, thank you for answering.
  • aquapussy
    Options
    What is the diet pill? Is it Ritalin or Dexedrine? I take Ritalin for ADD for years(believe it or not I gained a lot of my weight while on it, funny how that works with some people) and it can have some side effects. If you are eating too little it weakens your immune system and you could have got a flu bug. It was smart to up your calorie intake. ANY major diet change is going to have some weird side effects.

Fasting once or twice a week is fine, but don't try to starve the weight off. You need to have a balanced eating plan or one day you will just go back to your old ways. I assume you won't be taking this medication forever so you need to work out a lifestyle change that you can maintain. It's tough, I am almost 100 lbs down and I still struggle with eating properly.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options

i have a friend who has to have his heart tested frequently because heart failure runs in his family and his doc recommends it and he just turned 21 and has been doing it for yrs

but yea gurl u need to go to the dr... it could be a million things or it could be nothing but whatever it is u need to get it checked
  • auctoritas
    Options
    See a doctor, for sure. But also your daily calories are very very low, and your protein consumption is very very low - those are two things that can trigger depression. It could be a number of things.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Iv had the same and am having my implant out on the 22nd of december. I am a wreck emotionally so understand how you feel!
    Iv had dizzyness and other symtoms youv said so I can relate. I hope you get some answers soon
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    This could just be a shot in te dark but... I'm anemic and get the same around that TOM. Try taking an iron supplement? Also, stop taking diet pills? If it continues I would definitely see my doctor
  • Flanski
    Options
    I also started getting similar symptoms after a while of taking diet pills. I think i was also drinking coffee and too much caffeine messed up my blood pressure and caused dizziness and cramps and the like. See what the dr. says.
  • sunnykt
    Options
    Putting the other symptoms aside, is it only dizziness when you stand up? Because that is likely to be caused by dehydration, or a slightly lower blood pressure then you used to have, due to increased fitness.
    You could have either high blood pressure, anemia, blood electrolyte changes (due to a sudden change in diet/ exercise regime or because you are drinking too much water and overwhelming the kidneys, flushing the ), dehydration, medical complications, hypoxia (low blood oxygen) or diabetes (low blood sugar etc). These are the most likely causes that I can list off the top of my head...

I know this is a giant leap, but have you had your thyroid tested? If you are experiencing problems loosing weight the first thing I'd test for is diabetes, celiac and thyroid problem if I were a doctor (mainly the thyroid). Thyroid problems could lead to an electrolyte imbalance, which could in turn lead to dizziness (although you'd also have other signs- an inability to loose weight, perhaps a low appetite despite your size, a slightly pasty/ yellow/ sickly skin colour or sluggishness in general). I only mention this because you said you couldn't loose weight on a conventional diet.

Cramps/ pain from exercise could be causing the stomach pain, and the post below about caffeine is also correct.

People can obviously have all kinds of problems at 20. Age is only a slight indication of health. But I wouldn't worry yourself needlessly over it. Go see a doctor.

{EDIT/} Okay, so I clearly only skimmed over your post. You have high blood pressure, which obviously eliminates low blood pressure. If you have reasons for your depression (or even if you don't) it could be somatization (=conversion of mental issues into physical symptoms).