6005 calories burned!

Options
I did a 7 hour adventure race yesterday which started out on bikes, mostly single track. There was some snowy, frozen spots in some areas that turned to mush as it warmed up. (I'm in Michigan) Next we carried canoes down to the icy river and paddled down a couple of miles, then turned around and paddled back up. Next was the orienteering course on foot, running trekking etc. All the while trying to find as many check points along the way as possible. I'm glad not to carry the extra 36 lbs. that I have lost so far.

We finished in about 7 hours. I wore my HRM the whole day and it showed 6005 calories burned. Now I know I would have burned some of those while sitting on the couch, but it's still a pretty big number. The most I ever recorded was was 7500 or so shoveling 12 yards of sand for 11 hours straight!

Whats your biggest burn yet?

Replies

• Hayesgang
    Options
    That is incredible - great job!!
  • sarahlovestorun
    sarahlovestorun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Amazing! So happy for you! No clue what my biggest burn is.
  • matthewdill83
    Options
    I usually hit about 3000 calories walking a round of golf.. But I usually subtract some to even out for the calories I would have burned naturally in that time span.. Great job on the number, 6005, thats crazy!
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    That's GREAT!
    Now, go to my exercise diary and add 1000 for me...lol
  • ineednapkin
    Options
    My biggest burn was for the marathon I ran- 3500ish. That is an incredible burn for you though, great job!
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I hit a 4968 a few weeks ago on a 86 mile overnight bike ride. I wasn't recording my burns back in the Summer but did one overnight ride in July that was 155 miles, all-in. Don't know what it would have been but probably around 7k.

Great going on that race though... sounds like a lot of fun and hard work!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    All i can say is wow, well done
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal! I'm not sure the exact count for my biggest burn. But this summer I burned over 3000 cals a few times. That was doing 2 workouts (running and P90X) along with a couple hours of football practice in the evenings.
  • Vermilla
    Vermilla Posts: 348
    Options
    Wow you make my 2300 seem so puny! :laugh: Good job!
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!

I burned 6300 last month on a Sunday spending several hours at the gym lifting weights and cardio. Afterwards I rode my bike 20 miles back home.

I have had some 35 mile bike rides also. You have motivated me to go for it today. I hope it doesnt rain.!!
  • KEShikes
    KEShikes Posts: 110
    Options
    Don't know the calories burned, but it would definitely be backpacking. When I'm on a trip, I do approximately 20 mile days in the mountains carrying a 30ish pound pack. I'm sure it's not as high as yours, though! That's amazing!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    WOW! Great! I'm not exactly sure, but I know it was over a 100. I did about an hour of cardio, another hour of a kickboxing class, and then an hour of a boot camp class. Felt amazing!
  • rlwzgd
    rlwzgd Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've burned about 3500 with a triathlon before. Way to go, keep it up :) Your muscles will thank you!
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Most I've burned in one day was about 4500 refereeing 4 full length soccer matches. I did have one weekend where I went over 10,000 for the three days a while back.
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    That sounds like fun. My highest recorded calorie burn was 6320 on September 10th of this year riding 103 miles in the MS150 in a little over 5 hours.
  • shaunl669
    shaunl669 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You guy's have had some good burn's also! I used to do a bit of trail running, but have caught the Adventure Race bug. My next step is a 12 hour race then I hope to be ready for a 24 hour in September 2012. There were some teams so fast it was amazing, I need to keep working at all the different skills needed, and lose my last 25 lbs.

I'd love to hear about other adventures you have done!
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    in the last 90 days....

3405 was my biggest burn
  • lauramonster
    Options
    Wow!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I don't have a HRM so I don't know for sure how many but yesterday I did 5 hours of chicken catching for some chicken barns as they were vaccinating the chickens. Basically you are constantly walking around, picking up chickens, taking them through the line of vaccinations then throwing them (or setting them...depending how nice you are lol) on the other side of the fence and back to grab more chickens... anyway so I logged that as aerobics and got 2000 and some calories for that.
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Embarrassingly tiny compared to yours, but I wanted to say congrats! That is awesome!